Bargain Thread 2019

Heh I read your mind, yep you get a game key for the EGS.

It’s BundleFest time again at Fanatical. New bundles each day all week long. Most are recycled from previous offers, but some ar enew and some are Pix-And-Mix style, so there are plenty of deals on offer.

The Banner Saga Deluxe Bundle gives you all three Banner Saga games for $19.99, all in their Deluxe Editions, which means soundtracks, digital art books, in-game extras, etc…

The Express Bundle is 8 Indie titles for $3.99, including:

• Dad Quest
  • Perfect Universe : Play with Gravity
  • Tracks : The Train Set Game
  • Resort Boss Golf
  • Flashing Lights : Police, Fire, EMS
  • CTU : Counter Terrorism Unit
  • Shoppe Keep
  • Circuit Breakers

The FPS Warrior Bundle is only $1.00 and features 4 Steam keys:

• Sniper Ghost Warrior Trilogy (does not contain S:GW 3)
  • Operation Thunderstorm
  • The Royal Marines : Commando
  • Alien Rage

Square Enix Pick And Mix Bundle offer 28 titles to choose from. 3 for $8.99 or 5 for $12.49

Aspyr Pick and Mix Bundle features 20 titles to choose from at 3 for $11.99 or 5 for $17.99

The Learn Japanese to Survive Complete Bundle features everything in the franchise, including DLC and bonus content, for $3.99.

The Fanatical Star Deal today is Soul Calibur VI for $18.49 (69%)

Fanatical also has Endless Legend Classic for a ridiculous $2.99

Meanwhile, Steam has over 300 Weeklong Deals including:

Speaking of Spiderweb, Jeff’s newest RPG, Queen’s Wish : The Conqueror just dropped last week. It’s an all new game, not an Avernum or Avadon title. It’s $17.99 (10%) right now, but owners of previous Spiderweb games should have a coupon in their Steam Inventory for 25% off.

The planned expansion for this, Master of the Seven Seas, just released for this today too. Currently $5.39 with small launch discount.

• Challenge mode: a new game mode with no story to complete, but 9 captains to defeat in order to become the most renowned whaling captain.
  • Whole world map: a new cylindrical map unlocks new routes and the chance to sail around the globe.
  • Randomized whaling areas : thousands of possible combinations to make every game a different challenge.
  • New cities: visit Cochin, in British India, and Taiji, in Japan, in your new travels across the Indian Ocean.
  • Historical captains: meet Obed Starbuck, Donald Manson and many other historical protagonists of the XIX century whaling history.
  • New events: more than 100 new events to interact with the other captains during your race with them.

Same here.

Nice bundle over at Humble at the $1 tier.
When Ski Lifts go Wrong
Tricky Towers
Concrete Jungle

Also with the big Frontier sale going on over at Steam this is a good 2 pack of fun metroidvania games.

Gentle puzzle-platformer might be a better description. :)

I played both on the Wii. I enjoyed them, but the medroidvania aspect of backtracking to areas of the game that are supposed to open up once you have new powers is what got me in both games. Eventually I just couldn’t figure out where to backtrack to so that I could move the story forward. The game provides little to no hints, so you end up just going everywhere in an attempt to move forward, but if you can’t find it, there’s nothing to help you.

I did try looking up walkthroughs on the internet when I got stuck, but I couldn’t identify where I was supposed to be in the walkthrough by that time, and never did figure it all out.

So if metroidvania is a good description of having to backtrack and getting lost, then it fits. :P

Even though it’s “current” every-day price is £5, This game is worth £15, let alone £1. Highly recommended!

Note: it’s a city-themed “puzzle” style game rather than a city builder, as a lot of Steam reviewers seemed to suffer “disappointment” in that respect.

I was playing a bit of this last night (picked up the PWYW tier specifically for it) and am enjoying it quite a bit. No idea how long the legs will be (though it sounds like you got a lot of play out of it!) but easily worth the price of entry here for sure.

For those who don’t know, I’d describe it as a rolling tile placement puzzle - I’ve never seen anything quite like it. In some ways it’s pleasantly board-gamey, but it couldn’t exist in a physical space as-is.

I liked it quite a bit too. Definitely different than most games.

Redout with all the extras is $10 on http://chrono.gg. It’s tempted me a dozen times at or around this price point, but… I could just play Wipeout Fusion right now, or BallisticNG, which has been quietly updating for at least 18 months since I last played it.
There should be new chrono.gg coin shop games on the 20th if you’ve got some coins saved up.

Redout’s easily my favorite WIpeout-like, I enjoy it a fair bit more than several iterations of the “real” series. That’s $10 for an absolute boatload of tracks, too.

It’s definitely boardgamey. I think it could be done, with a lot of house keeping from the players. It’d be incredibally tedious to play, however .

PS There’s a thread about it here:

Epic is giving away Batman this week.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/batman-free-week

• Arkham Asylum
  • Arkham City
  • Arkham Knight
  • Lego Batman
  • Lego Batman 2
  • Lego Batman 3

Conan Unconquered has a free weekend and $14 sale. They lowered the base price and will make all heroes freely available soon. Announcement here.

I think most people who wanted those games have played them by now. Still, a pretty awesome giveaway.

I have all the Arkham games on Steam, so I just claimed the Lego ones.

Not enough Batman? GMG has the first Injustice for 50 cents. I liked the story mode for that, and if anyone gets really into it there’s a great comic series.

Android freebies:

If you already have Downwell you need to grab it again. Your old one was delisted.

more Android on sale for free (among many many more):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shmup.galaxywarrior.paid&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Alphabetadventure.Fungame&hl=en

The Untitled Goose Game has launched and is currently on-sale on the Epic Games Store.