Bargain Thread 2019

GreenManGaming has new Featured Deals live, including:

Try using code WELCOME10 for an additional 10% off. It says for “new customers”, but I bet it works for everyone.

Fanatical BundleFest continues through the weekend with additional bundle deals.

The Shadow Bundle has three tiers:

• Pay $1.00 for Tales from Candlekeep : Tomb of Annihilation, Super Inefficient Golf and Infinite Air with Mark McMorris
  • Pay $4.99 and add Legrand Legacy : Tale of the Fatebounds, Equilinox, Eador Imperium, Shadwen, The Hex
  • Pay $6.49 and unlock Life is Feudal : Forest Villiage

The Enchanted Bundle is $4.99 and includes:

• Syberia 3 and Sybeira 3 DLC : An Automaton with a Plan
  • Garfield Kart
  • Yesterday Origins
  • Agatha Christie : ABC Murders
  • Moto Racer 4
  • Toki
  • Fort Boyard
  • Curse : The Eye of Isis
  • Return to Mysterious Island

The Radical Bundle is also $4.99 and includes:

• Skydrift
  • Railroad Pioneer
  • Thunder Wolves
  • Rogue Stormers
  • Rad Rodgers
  • Kill to Collect
  • Gianna Sisters Twisted Dreams and Rise of the Owlverlord
  • Clouds and Sheep 2
  • Overclocked
  • Airplane Tycoon Deluxe
  • Sine Mora EX

The Staff Picks 2019 Pick-A-Mix offers 24 titles to choose from at $1 each, or 3 for $2.49, or 5 for $3.49. You can’t go wrong with Dungeon Rats, We Are The Dwarves, Heroes of Monkey Tavern, Republique and Sword Legacy Omen all for $3.49.

The RPG Pick and Mix Bundle features 15 Indie RPG titles at any 5 for $1.99.

Adventure Pick and Mix has 24 games to choose from at 5 for $1.99, 10 for $3.79 or 15 for $4.99. Some decent stuff to choose from including Distrust, Morningstar, Supreme League of Patriots and more.

The Strategy Pick and Mix has 15 titles. You can snag all 15 for $4.99 and score a great deal, but if you only want 5 for $1.99 then I would recommend Fantasy Wars, Ascension to the Throne, Pandora : First Contact, Star Wolves and one of my personal favorite hidden gems, Strategy and Tactics : Dark Ages.

The Fanatical Star Deal today is Moon Hunters for $2.99 (80%)

Humble Store has State of Decay one of the best zombie games in recent years, on sale for a measly $3.99 (80%). It looks like this is just the regular edition, which isn’t supposed to be sold anymore, but if it’s the Year One Survival Edition, it would be a STEAL at $4.

Steam has ARPG Tower of Time on sale for $7.50 (70%) plus Conan Games are free to play this weekend and on sale for up to 50% off.

Dammmn. I guess I’m going to have to install the Epic launcher sooner or later, to play all these free games I have.

I was thinking about this one for Shadwen, Eador and Life is Feudal.

But will you play all those free games? I’ve been collecting all these freebees (dozens of them now) and even got Control with my video card, but I’ve yet to play a single one. My backlog is so huge that I’m more about collecting the games now than actually playing them. Not that I’m ever going to complain about getting free games but it’s impossible to even try the games let alone dedicate any time to playing them.

I remember back in the day when a game would launch and it’d be my main game for months before I’d even buy a new one. Now I get a half dozen for free in one day.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Enchanted Bundle, @SlainteMhath. I wanted to get Syberia 3 (although it’s not all that great, I read) to complete the collection and this is a pretty good way to do it.

3b4rig

Not me! I own none of them but have always been curious.

I’ve only played one of them for a few minutes, but do the Arkham games feature character progression? Does Batman gain new tools/abilities as the game progresses? Not sure what the draw of the games is if he has every ability already when the game starts. (I was not impressed by the little bit of brawling combat that I experienced.)

Oh yes they do.

To me, Asylum is by far the best. There is something about that unity of place and time that feels so compelling.

That’s good news. Batman is my favorite superhero character.

Yep, the 1st Arkham game is the best, but the 2nd is also good. Arkham Knight is my least favorite of the series.

I agree. The Bat-car missions in Arkham Knight really harshed my mellow.

It would be a mistake to skip out on Arkham Knight though, there are some really great moments in that one. I think the latter two games benefit from being more open world, the first felt kind of claustrophobic to me.

Yeah, Batman gains moves and gadgets to use as the story progresses. The fights against the mooks are rated/scored for their efficiency/badassitude to determine how much experience you get. As I recall progress is auto-saved, which can kinda suck if you want to try a particular fight again. The games do have “New Game+” modes where you do start out with everything you had at the end of your last game.

I know I’ve played the first and the last but have no idea of whether I ever got to the one in the middle. Isn’t there also an Arkham Origins?

This looks like it could be an impulse buy, any thoughts on the overall quality?

I put some impressions not too long ago in the tower if time thread. Need to scroll up a little.

Thanks, I wasn’t aware there’s a thread for the game! I’m watching the SkillUp’s review now and he seems really positive on the game so I’ll likely pick it up to play when I have some free time.

So does all these freebies mean the market is going to train the customer to simply wait until a game is given away or at least part of a super cheap subscription? When does this turn into what’s happening with streaming services where to get what you want you end up having to subscribe to a half dozen or more different services. Or does the fact you can get so much for free or close to free mean you have more free money to pay for stuff you really want at full price when it releases? Such a crazy and weird time. I currently have access to hundreds of games (not even including my collection of Steam games) so I could spend almost zero dollars for a few years and still never get thru more than 25% of the games I’d actually enjoy. And that’s just what I have currently and doesn’t include all the free games that will be thrown at me over those years. I don’t see how this is gonna work.

You worry about AAA gaming production schizophrenia, I keep playing my affordable and stupid pixel art indie games!

It’s certainly weird, but it’s not that much different in cost from the times of the old steam sales of 90% off games that actually went down in price with time.