Bargain Thread 2019

Mistaken impression, I guess - or I got them straight-up confused with something else.

I never could finish Limbo. I don’t know what that makes me :(

Omg that Limbo ending! @Left_Empty you have toooo finish it.

I surrender the belt.

Limbo was great. It was Inside that I didn’t finish.

What’s hard about Limbo (and currently Inside, in which I got stuck), is figuring out exactly what to do. I don’t recall having too much trouble once I figured out the puzzle. Even though the solution is usually pushing or pulling or going left and right or jumping, it’s still a matter not trying the wrong, obvious solution over and over again and getting yourself killed.

Like the spot where I’m stuck now in Inside, I don’t know what the actual solution is, so I keep trying the same thing over and over and dying.

That’s pretty much the opposite of an interesting time to me and why I haven’t finished it. And being worse than @moss_icon doesn’t help.

I mean, the only reason we’re trying the wrong solution over and over and dying is because we’re trying to figure out the right solution. Not because we suck.

It’s a puzzle, not a platforming technical hurdle.

I may have used a walk-through.

So Fanatical’s Insanity Flash Deals Sale has been live for a couple of hours now. Deals so far include:

• Deus Ex : GOTY - $0.80 (89%)
  • Borderlands 3 - $50.99 (15%) - that’s $1 over the historic low thus far
  • South Park : The Fractured But Whole - $5.48 (91%)
  • Soul Calibur VI - $15.99 (74%)
  • Monster Hunter World - $26.39 (56%)
  • Grey Goo : Definitive Edition - $0.89 (97%)
  • Project Hospital - $14.99 (40%) a historic low
  • Rimworld - $30.79 (12%)
  • Darksiders 3 : Deluxe Edition - $23.99 (70%)
  • Middle Earth : Shadow of War - Definitive Edition - $11.99 (80%)
  • Everspace : Ultimate Edition - $7.99 (84%)
  • Hitman 2 : Gold Edition - $32.99 (67%)
  • Shadows Awakening - $9.19 (77%) a historic low
  • and more, with additional flash deals revealed every few minutes…

Any purchase in the sale nets you an additional 5% off coupon for your next purchase, including sale titles. So buy Deus Ex or Grey Goo and save an extra $2.50 off Borderlands 3 or $1.55 off Rimworld.

The Humble Postmodern Bundle is live.

• $1.00 for Thomas Was Alone, Beckett, Rusty Lake Hotel, and Yume Nikki
  • BTA (currently $7.00) and add : The Stanley Parable, Everything and Yume Nikki : Dream Diary
  • Pay $15 and unlock : Catherine Classic

Over on GOG, buy Disco Elysium for $39.99 and get Underrail for FREE.

No one should be encouraged to buy Grey Goo. ;)
Old Man’s Journey @ $1.51 is a good game, so get that. :P

Great price for “Middle of War: Earth Shadow: Batman Mordor Knight 2” ;-)

Did I remember it right? :D

I can’t find the thread to confirm it! ;)

Actually I remembered it right except that the thread title is missing the second colon and instead has an “aka” in its place.

BTW, I’m truly tempted by Wreckfest at $15.80.

Moar Fanatical Insanity Sale Flash Deals:

• Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 - $6.99 (65%)
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior Trilogy (does not include 3) - $0.99 (95%)
  • Dying Light : The Following - Enhanced Edition - $17.99 (76%)
  • ELEX - $16.25 (67%) near a historic low
  • Distant Worlds : Universe - $7.19 (88%) a historic low
  • Cossacks 3 - $5.99 (70%) matches a historic low
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 - $2.98 (77%) a historic low
  • Train Valley 2 - $10.49 (30%)
  • Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 - $19.79 (50%) matches historic low
  • Battlefleet Gothic Armada - $6.79 close to historic low

GOG has a Bethesda Sale with 50% off titles in the Fallout, Elder Scrolls and DOOM/Quake franchises.

GOG also has thier Weekly Sale which features some nice deals including:

• Pillars of Eternity 2 : Deadfire - Obsidian Edition - $29.99 (60%)
  • ATOM RPG - $11.24 (25%)
  • Wartile - $9.99 (50%)
  • Rise of Industry - $17.99 (40%)
  • Tower of Time - $8.74 (65%)
  • Druidstone : Secret of the Menhir Forest - $16.24 (35%)
  • Avadon 1 and 2 - $2.99 (70%) each
  • Avadon 3 - $5.99 (70%)
  • Avernum - $2.99 (70%)
  • Avernum 2 - $5.99 (70%)
  • Avernum 3 - $11.99 (40%)

Steam has Everything Warhammer on sale 15%-75% off.

Steam is also running a KOEI TECMO Dynasty Warriors Franchise Sale with up to 75% off titles.

To celebrate PDXCOM Weekend, Steam also has Paradox Titles On Sale. The usual mix and discounts, including DLC. Check prices elsewhere before purchasing, as some games may be slightly cheaper on other sites. Also check the bundled collections, as Steam Bundle Magic may be in effect on some, providing you an extra discount off DLC even if you own he base game and some DLC already.

I wonder whether I’d ever have the patience to play Distant Worlds Universe for more than 30 minutes. Plus I hear the interface is hard to read at higher resolutions.

IndieGala Store is killing it with the deals this weekend:

WinGameStore has a historic low on Warhammer : Chaosbane at $19.99 (60%)
They also have the Elder Scrolls Online Elsweyr Collector’s Edition (which contains the base game, Morrowind, Sommerset and Elsweyr expansions) for $26.39 (67%) which is the lowest price yet for everything ESO.

Humble Store is having a PDXCon Sale. Monthly subscribers get an extra 8% off the already discounted prices.
Humble also has a Deus Ex Franchise Sale happening. Good prices on individual games and DLC, or grab everything Deus Ex in the Deus Ex Collection for $23.74 (75%). Monthly subs get an additional 8% off here too.

Happy weekend gaming everyone!

GRIP: Combat Racing has a free weekend and $12 sale.

TWW2: Curse of the Vampire Coast is $9.5, new lowest.

Very possibly bogus, very early Walmart black friday leak. $200 switch is a tasty meatball!

Would they lower the regular model having just released the Switch Lite? I don’t think so.

I can see maybe $249. Probably more like $279 with a $20 gift card or game thrown in, and maybe $179 for the Lite if it even sees sales so close to release. Possibly just buy the system, get a free game type of deals.

Still, does make my mouth water.