Bargain Thread 2020

Do people really not appreciate the healer? I like being the healer in online games.

Is he treated like the goalie? It’s his fault if the team loses, but it’s not thanks to him if the team wins?

I tried playing a healer in WoW once… that was way too much pressure and decidedly not fun, just staring at your party’s health bars and getting blamed for wipes. I certainly grew a larger appreciation for healers after that! I’ll take a DPS role (hunter, rogue) any day of the week.

I love healers. But yeah there are bunch of jerks that do tend to blame healers for everything. It came from the whole trinity thing.

Father, Son and Holy Ghost, he who dies fastest sucks the most.

Almost forgot to grab the freebie!

Last Day!

I healed as a Druid in WotLK, including a Lich King kill. And the changes they made in Cataclysm 5-mans made me walk away from healing and never look back.

Free weekends on Steam: Darkest Dungeon, Cultist Simulator, and PixARK.

While grabbing the new System Shock demo, I noticed that GOG’s Summer Sale has started.

Yakuza 0 is $4.79 on Fanatical

Steam games on my wishlist on sale:

Project Warlock: $4.80
Williams Pinball collection 2: $5.99
House of the Dying Sun: $6.79

FYI, Project Warlock is one of the free Twitch Prime games for June.

Are those DRM free?

So if I subscribed to Prime for a month, and got the game, would I still have access after my month is up?

Fanatical has launched a new Kingslayer Bundle 2. 5 games + 3 DLC for $4.99.

• Guilty Gear Xrd - Revelator
  • GRID
  • Part Hard 2 + Alien Butt Form DLC
  • Duke Nukem Forever + The Doctor Who Cloned Me and Hail to the Icons DLC
  • Expeditions : Viking

I am torn, as the only game I am really interested in is Expeditions : Viking, and at $4.99 it’s 75% off, which is a historic low all by itself.

Also at fanatical, the Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Bundle is $6.39 and contains the Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition game plus Pirates of the Sword Coast, Infinite Dungeons, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr and Heroes of Neverwinter DLCs.

The PayDay 2 Legacy Bundle is $12.79 and contains the base game plus 36 DLC.

Humble has a Cities : Skylines Bundle.

• $1 for the base game plus Deep Focus Radio DLC, which is a great deal.
  • BTA of around $7.50 and add Concerts, High Tech Buildings, Snowfall and Natural Disasters DLCs
  • Pay $18 and unlock Mass Transit, Green Cities, Industries, Campus, Art Deco and European Suburbia DLCs

Humble Store is havig a 1C Publisher Sale. Nice deals if you’re a Humble Choice subscriber.

• Ancestor’s Legacy for $8.92 (75%) and the Saladin’s Conquest DLC for $2.80 (75%)
  • Deep Sky Derelicts for $5.77 (71%) and all DLC on sale as well
  • The Elven Legacy Collection, which is old but still great, for only $0.67 (92%)
  • Fall of Light for $2.54 (83%)
  • Fell Seal : Arbiter’s Mark for $8.66 (71%)
  • Re-Legion for $4.24 (79%)
  • Stygian : Reign of the Old Ones for $12.74 (58%)
  • and many more

No Man’s Sky is $23.99 (60%) on Indiegala

WinGameStore has Warhammer : Chaosbane for $16.49 (67%), a historic low, or get the Deluxe Version with extra emotes, pets and a gold boost, for $18.14.
The Magnus Edition at $23.09 (67%) contains all of that plus the Tomb Kings DLC and supposedly 2 additional DLCs yet to be released.

Exact same sentiment for me, except the game I’m curious about is Guilty Gear. Want to split the bundle?

Check your PMs my friend!

DoS enhanced edition is going for 10 local currencies.

https://www.gog.com/game/divinity_original_sin_enhanced_edition

I hated the last part based party based RPG I played - PoE. Boring and annoying combat and even more boring text masquerading as story. Any chances I’ll like DoS better?

DOS1’s combat is great, and bears no resemblance to PoE. It’s mostly about coming up with clever ways to combine effects. They completely screwed that system up in the sequel, sadly, but the first one is a blast.

The writing is… well mostly the writing is weird honestly. Peculiar sense of humor, strange leaps of logic, I had to use a wiki any number of times to figure out what I was supposed to be doing in a quest. I ended up finishing the game anyway, though, on the strength of the combat alone.

I politely disagree with Vinny in that I thought DOS2’s combat was even better and even more refined. DOS1 is absolutely worth $10 and if you enjoy the systems enough then definitely pick up DOS2 afterwards.

All that matters in DOS2 is damage, thanks to armor. You can’t even knock an enemy down if they’re wearing armor, which is hilariously stupid. Magic armor renders you immune to every elemental effect, so they’ve got this amazing system for combining elemental effects but in 2 none of it matters. It’s infuriating, honestly.

DOS1 is mercifully free of this nonsense, so all those interesting systems actually do something.

That is stupid. Armor makes you easier to knock down.