Bargain Thread 2020

I don’t think there’s a list, it’s in the developer area of itch.

If this works without a dev account you can ruin the surprises here:

Canada too! Forza 7 is already sold out online here.

All three of those games are great.

The Surge 2 any good? Also on clearance, for $24.99.

I mean, it’s a good cause and there’s maybe a hundred bucks’ worth of good stuff, but that bundle is also the biggest heap of junk I’ve ever seen.

For a laugh, I’m kinda looking at it from the other way around.

It includes classics such as:

That’s itch.io for you, man. It’s open to any creators who want to post their work there, all money goes directly to them (when it’s not a charity situation), and it includes tabletop RPGs and developer asset collections.

Yeah, the diversity of tastes and interests is pretty amazing.

I remember when it was first pointed out to me when I was a young lad that there’s an entire sub-genre of mystery books from the point of view of cats. It’s not my thing, but it kind of makes me happy it exists. Like VISIGOTHS vs MALL GOTHS.

Looks like they’re already getting close to their fundraising goal.

I don’t think there’s much there I’ll ever play, but it does come with Blades In The Dark tabletop RPG which I’ve heard good things about.

They blew way past their fundraising goal, so it was bumped by 500%. And now they’re getting close to that.

Sure, it’s only five bucks, it goes to a great cause, and you get a ton of (admittedly shovelware indie) games for your money.

The first goal I noticed was $100k, and right now they’re at ~$750k raised out of a $1m goal. Pretty amazing.

I guess it got bumped twice, then. This morning the goal was 500k. It’s been live less than 24 hours.

I can support a good cause and picked up that itch.co bundle, but wow, huge difficulty in actually finding what might be worthwhile. Glad y’all posted some tips on what might be good, but I’m sure I’m going to forget that I even have this in a short bit if I don’t play some of these small games immediately.

That’s what used to happen twice a year at Steam’s, excepting the amounts of money were larger and none of it went to a worthwhile cause.
Relax!

Some notes on the itch.io Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality.

I already owned: Haque, MidBoss, Bleed 1&2, Cycle 28, Not the Robots, The King’s Bird, Oxenfree, Mable & The Wood (was free on GOG), Minit (was free on Epic), and Feud (F2P on Steam). Added: Nuclear Throne, From Orbit, A Short Hike, Mu Cartographer, Celeste (was free on Epic), Master Spy, Tallowmere, LYNE.

These were on my wishlist: Airships Conquer the Skies, Vilmonic, Semblance, Hyperspace Dogfights, Ghost Grab 3000, Empyrean Frontier, The Land of Glass, and Widget Satchel. Missed: Beacon, Plunge, 9 Till Void, and Gutwhale. Added: Helium Rain, Sky Rogue, Odd Realm, Pyre, Vision Soft Reset, A Hole New World.

Extras I collected: Night in the Woods, Heavy Bullets, Super Hexagon, Glittermitten Grove, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Cook Serve Delicious 2, and Loot Rascals. Added: Octodad, PICO-8, They Bleed Pixels, Starseed Pilgrim, Hive Time, Hidden Folks, Realm of the Ghost King, Silk, Gun Rounds.

Yeah I knocked out a bunch of games from my Steam wishlist with this bundle. I didn’t even know you could get serious games there, I guess I always thought of itch.io as the indiest of the indies, lots of silly little things.

This is the sort of thing I want to see. Thanks

Holy crap, I went back to the link to the bundle and now instead of 8 page of games available to me it’s 25! What the what??

There’s fewer games per page, now.

Looks like they’ve bumped the goal up to $2M, and they’re already at $1.2M.

It’s still got 9 days to go, so something tells me they’ll blow past $2M, too. Freakin’ Awesome!

I don’t use itch.io, but I’m buying this just to support a good cause…

You don’t need to “use” itch.io. It’s just a payment site offering downloads at its root.