Bargain Thread 2020

Thanks! That was helpful.

I had my fingers almost ready to hit the order button, then I came across this guy.

Clearanced at 400$ in most stores if they still have any - quite a few do!

We picked one up in Vegas this morning. Now I just need to figure out how to get it back home. This machine was one of our 1000$ black friday sales in Canada.

Fanatical Star Deal is the Metro Redux Bundle for only $4.49 (85%). Contains both 2033 and Last Light Redux editions for less than the cost of either game separately, even on sale. If you’ve skipped these fantastic post-apocalyptic FPS games so far, this is a STEAL.

Fanatical is also beating Steam to the punch by kicking off its Lunar New Year Sale. Some very nice deals including:

IndieGala Store has Battletech Deluxe Edition for $12.49 (75%) as the daily deal today.

Humble Store is winding down it’s Winter Sale. Less than 48 hours left. Some additional deals I saw include:

Steam should be launching the Lunar New Year Sale this coming Thursday, so get your wishlists in order and don’t buy anything that’s not at least 50% off until then! =)

EDIT : Steam does have Bard’s Tale IV : Director’s Cut for $11.90 (66%) for the next 24 hours. That is a STEAL for a great RPG with lots of story, memorable characters and plenty of puzzles.

Today (01/21) and tomorrow, The Division 2 is $12 CAD / $19.50 CAD (deluxe) for a flash sale on Uplay.

Humble Bundle does their thing with Europa Universalis IV now. 3 tiers as usual.

I haven’t played the game yet. The Steam user ratings are rather low. Is one of the tiers attractive?

Reasons of little bearing to the quality of the contents, more reflective of people complaining on the model or the value proposition of paid updates versus the free updates.

The $17 tier, hands down, absolute bargain.

The expansions are usually more well received than the content packs or that other micro thing they do. It looks like all the tiers have both, so if you are missing just one or two of the expansions in a tier, it’s probably worth it… assuming you like the game of course.

Not mine, FWIW, top 5 games of all time easy. Maybe even GOAT. Someone could play EU4 their whole life and I wouldn’t even pity them.

Did the price go up? It shows as $599.99 when I go to the site.

Considered picking this up to stick it at the TV.

@DaveLong. I get the impression from the original post said the system would be marked down to a clearance priced at the stores, as opposed to online.

OK, that sounds legit as I’ve seen that before at Walmart. I’ll have to take a trip to the one that has one and have a look.

I am in the same boat. I bought on sale early on and sat unplayed for a few years as it seemed overwhelming to learn. About 3 years ago I decided to spend a long weekend watching let’s play videos and have been hooked ever since. I think I am at the point where I have more hours invested than I did in WoW. I keep buying new games, but there is always a voice in the back of my head saying wouldn’t it be fun to try out this little nation you haven’t played before. Then it is Persia in 1600 something with all of the HRE hating me and the Ottomans wiped out.

You can use brickseek for inventory. That site shows the in store clearance price for me but also that there aren’t any of them in stock anywhere near me. :(

If anyone wants an excellent gaming laptop for just $800 then take a look here:

Good luck Dave. The first employees were suspiciously unhelpful, but another found a bunch of them in the back.

Yeah; $400 for a nice little gaming desktop like that is a fantastic deal. I’m personally holding out for a higher-end system, but the value on this one is just so insanely good that I’m still sorely tempted (currently on an old i5-2500k/970 GTX combo).

Thanks. There’s some in stock nearby but the price on brickseek is different so I’m betting they’re marked higher in store than $400. I may find out later today.

Yes when you do the search it will show if your local store has it on clearance or not:

Definitely call the store. Their app doesn’t refresh till Feb. 1 and this is a very popular item.

Only do this if you want the employee or their friend to buy it instead of you.