Bargain Thread 2020

“I’m sure that includes the DLC,” Stusser snarked, knowing that it didn’t.

Ubisoft: Have some free stuff!
The Internet: Fuck you you mean bastards.

That game really doesn’t have much relevant DLC.

The DLC was actually pretty well reviewed, and shockingly the season pass is on sale right now for $8. Of course it’s a 4 year old game so that still feels a bit dear. If I’m playing an old game, I really do want the full experience.

New Humble Bundle; a bunch of Telltale games + Oxenfree + Heaven’s Vault

That’ll be Heaven’s Vault for $15 which is what it’s going for in the Steam sale, so an opportunity to grab it and flesh out one’s Telltale collection, really.

I went to the bundle to check it out before I read the rest of your post, bought it for this exact reason, and then came back to see that you predicted my motivation perfectly

And if you don’t already own it, Oxenfree for a buck is just worth doing nomattahwhat.

Good lord, this. What a fantastic little narrative experience.

Uplay+ has a free 7 day offer right now…

Fanatical has launched an Airport Madness Dollar Bundle featuring 5 Airport Madness games and DLC for $1.00. You will receive:

• Airport Madness World Edition
  • Airport Madness Time Machine
  • Airporrt Madness 3D
  • Airport Madness 3D v2
  • Airport Madness 4

I hear that World Edition is a pretty decent air traffic control game, but I haven’t played myself nor do I know anything about the other titles.

The very interesting tactical strategy game Shadow Tactics : Blades of the Shogun is $4.99 (88%) as a flash deal today, which is $1 cheaper than the Steam Sale.

Also on flash deal today, DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition is $14.99 (75%), $3 cheaper than the Steam Sale. Super Deluxe Edition contains Seasons 1/2/3/4.

Today is also the final full day of the Steam Summer Sale.

Hmm, if I have Dirt Rally 2 from the Humble Monthly a couple months back (which came with a couple of cars DLCs), what other DLCs are indispensable?

There’s a DLC called “Dirt Rally 2.0 Deluxe 2.0 (Seasons 3 and 4)” and another thing called the “Colin McRae FLAT OUT Pack.” Are there any rally locations that are especially cool?

The Colin McRae pack is included if you get the Deluxe 2.0 DLC (season 3/4) or you get the super deluxe version or whatever (Season 1/2/3/4), or it can be bought individually. All the other (rally) courses in the game as DLC are from the first DiRT Rally, but the 2.0 versions are slightly different in that they have different physics/wet conditions, etc compared to the first game. The Colin McRae pack has the Scotland location, which is new to the game, it wasn’t in the first game at all. It also had 2 very nice cars that McRae used to drive, and a bunch of scenarios you can do that kind of follow his career trajectory.

Some of the cars in Season 1/2 in the “less than 2000ccs” category are really fun to drive, and are probably the most fun cars in the game.

Overall though, if you’re not sure, even the base game provides a lot of fun.

There are also a bunch of Rallycross tracks but no one cares about Rallycross.

Are Seasons 1 and 2 not included in the base game? If not, what is? Because I’m not seeing the option to buy them on the list of DLCs. There’s a Year Pass or something for 13-some bucks which has S1-4, but there’s no description of what’s in S1 and S2-- pretty opaque. To the Internets!

This description of the Year Pass doesn’t mention that it includes the Colin McRae stuff:

It doesn’t. Which is an oversight on their part.

It is a super confusing mess that I don’t pretend to fully understand. :)

The base game is just that, base with nothing extra.

The original ‘Deluxe’ version of the game came with seasons 1 and 2. I can’t see that deluxe version available on Steam anywhere (it’s on the MS Store though).

I guess the ‘Deluxe 2.0’ DLC on Steam is meant to add seasons 3 and 4 and McRae for owners of that original Deluxe version of the game.

There is a ‘Year One’ pack that gives you all the DLC.

And there is a ‘Game of the Year’ bundle that gives you the base game plus all the DLC.

Here is all the content in each season if you’re interested.

“Season” is one of the worst marketing weasel words to ever hit gaming.

Doubly so because even Codemasters don’t seem to know what it means exactly.

You won’t miss much. The game is pretty long as it is. You won’t know if you didn’t play the DLC missions, unless you search the internet. The other DLCs are cosmetics. Cosmetics in mainly single player game (good luck finding coop or PvP game at this point). Meh.

Aargh /takes head in hands

So is the Year One Pass the thing I would buy if I wanted to (essentially) end up with the GotY edition (which apparently I cannot buy for myself because I already have the base game and Codemasters doesn’t do the Steam magic “complete your collection” thing)?
@Rock8man, given what you posted after your last comment, I gather that the oversight you mentioned is that the Year One Pass does include the Colin McRae pack but fails to point out that it does.