Bargain Thread 2020

The prologue is still worth trying if you haven’t got the full version. I didn’t think I would like it, I’m not much of a Panzer General/Corps/Order of Battle fan. But the prologue had me interested enough I was thinking about buying the full Fantasy General II during the sale. I didn’t. But I was thinking about it. LOL!
I may pick it up at some point. I was having fun, but I’ve heard the difficulty spikes pretty wildly later in the game and there was a lot of talk of restarting the same mission over and over to get it right because you could screw yourself for the next mission if you do it wrong, or have the wrong force mix. That kinda stuff is why I don’t get on with the Panzer General family.

It apparently lets you play a full campaign it gives you as one of three heroes, so you might be able to play it three times. Not a bad deal for free.

Fantastic new Humble Warhammer Bundle 2 just launched.

Pay $1 for Steam keys to :

• Warhammer 40K : Kill Team
  • Warhammer 40K : Dawn of War GOTY
  • Warhammer : End Times - Vermintide
  • Legacy of Dorn : Herald of Oblivion

BTA (currently $6.20) and add:

• Warhammer 40K : Dawn of War II
  • Battlefleet Gothic : Armada
  • Warhammer 40K : Sanctus Reach
  • Warhammer 40K : Deathwatch - Enhanced Edition

Pay $13 and unlock:

• Warhammer 40K : Dawn of War III
  • Blood Bowl II : Legendary Edition
  • Warhammer 40K : Space Marine Collection

Since I already own DoW III and Space Marine, I just paid $6.20 to pick up Sanctus Reach, Deathwatch, Kill Team and BattleFleet Gothic : Armada. STEAL.

Meanwhile, over at the Humble Store, they’re having a Warhammer Week Sale. Some very good discounts if you are also a Humble Choice subscriber, including Warhammer : Chaosbane - Magnus Edition for only $23.79 (66%) which is near a historic low for the Magnus Edition (which includes everything).

Fanatical Star Deal today is Outward for $13.99 (65%)

You can also pick up 8 games from developer Ripstone in the Refuge Bundle for $3.99. Titles include:

• The Spectrum Retreat
  • Chess Ultra
  • Ironcast
  • Extreme Exorcism
  • Flyhunter Origins
  • Stick it to the Man
  • Knytt Underground
  • Really Big Sky

Twitch Prime has more FREE games up for grabs. Games available include:

• Melbits World
  • Vane
  • Kunai
  • Mad Tracks
  • Dear Esther
  • Reus
  • Grip : Combat Racing
  • Dark Devotion
  • Turok 2 : Seeds of Evil

Over on Steam they have over 1400 Weeklong Deals including big discounts on the FarCry Franchise, Banner Saga Franchise and Van Helsing Franchise.

If you’re a fan of games like Stardew Valley, you can try the Early Access Stranded Sails : Explorers of the Cursed Islands for $12.49 (50%).

I have everything else on that list that I want (remember kids, friends don’t let friends buy Dawn of War 3) but I’m curious what the heck these even are, as I’ve never heard of them. That’s a bad sign, I assume?

Kill Team is a twin stick shooter, it’s kind of fun but much more of a lark than most strategically oriented WH40K games.

• Kill Team is a port of a third-person shooter console game. I expect it is not good.
  • Legacy of Dorn is a strange little Warhammer 40K themed choice-based digital novel.
  • Deathwatch is yet another WH:40K turn-based strategy game, but supposed to be a decent entry into the neverending series of such games.

I will never stop pointing out that this is a free game that is well worth your time and attention in 2020, on the off chance you have never played it before.

I liked Deathwatch when I played it on my iPad 5 years ago, but I don’t know how well it holds up today. But I guess if you like tactical TBS games you’ll find some enjoyment here. It’s from the people who made the Hunters games on iOS as well as the more known Warhammer Quest. Unfortunately, even though Deathwatch was (IMHO) their best game by far, it sold poorly and I don’t think they made any more games after that.

I just didn’t get that game. I think I tried it way back when and it seemed a bit arbitrary. It felt like I had to take notes to keep track of the arbitrary relationships. I don’t even recall what they were - something like you need so many bushes to convert it to something else, and various types of plants and fruits. Sorry if I’m not describing it right, it’s been a while.

That looks super similar to Summer in Mara.

Kill Team was a lot of fun on the PS3. Basically it was a giant total conversion mod of Dawn of War 2.

The assets looked so good in Dawn of War 2 that they built another game out of it, basically. If you like the sights and sounds of 2, you just get more of that in Kill Team.

I almost bought Summer in Mara as part of my endless quest to find another My Time at Portia, but the reviews seemed to indicate it wasn’t all the way baked yet. Have you played it?

I also was scared away by the initial reviews. I tried My Time at Portia but was super turned off by the first 20 minutes of it and bounced. I guess I need to give it another shot.

If you find one, let me know. I loved My Time at Portia, and haven’t found a game yet that quite captures the magic.

Torchlight 2 is the current free game at the Epic Games Store, yours to keep if you get it during the free week timeframe.

I have no idea what Record of Agarest War : Marriage - Deluxe Bundle is relative to the rest of the Record of Agarest War franchise, but it’s the Star Deal at Fanatical today for $2.99 (85%)

Also live at Fanatical, the Reaper Bundle 4 for $4.99. Titles included are:

• Kingdom Under Fire II - Basic Edition
  • The Technomancer
  • The Textorcist : The Story of Ray Bibbia
  • Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2
  • Beholder 2
  • Redout Enhanced Edition
  • Rain World
  • Do Not Feed The Monkeys
  • Shadwen
  • Syndrome

That is not a bad deal at all for $5

Also at Fanatical : Deus Ex : Human Revolution - Director’s Cut is only $2.79 (86%)

GreenManGaming has started their Summer Sale featuring new deals each day. They’ve also changed their loyalty program to a tiered system, with better deals/incentives for customers who have spent more in the store over the past year. I am not a fan of such programs, but it could be to your advantage if you made a couple of big purchases in the past few months.

The Humble Store has put all of the Railway Empire DLC on sale. Up to 70% off for Humble Choice subscribers, and a good way to complete your collection if you just picked up the game in the latest Choice bundle.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint has a free weekend on Uplay and $15 sale. I like this game a lot, worth trying if you don’t mind the Ubigame map cleaning formula. I played previous the free weekend after the patch that let you disable the gun-leveling loot system (which I did), and then bought. It’s kinda halfway between Wildlands and MGSV. The install is ~62GB.

Plus they’ve added the AI companions in :)

Are there AI dudes in Wildlands as well?

Yes. 3 bots plus you.