Bargain Thread 2020

One of the games in that current Reaper Bundle is Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2, thanks to which I’m tempted to buy the whole bundle just for its awesome trailer. Especially for the chorus of the Ode to Joy and the coda of that movement that wraps it up. :-)

Edit: Gone! Thank you!

I didn’t realize that owners of the original Super Hot got Mind Control for free and bought it from Green Man Gaming for $12.74. When I tried to redeem it…I realized I already own it. It doesn’t look like GMG is going to give me a refund although I made one more argument about it that I am waiting a response to.

Assuming I don’t get the refund, anyone interested in buying the key for $10?

Obligatory warning: launch day physical delivery guarantees are worthless

Humble has launched a nice new Daedalic 2020 Bundle.

Pay $1 for Steam keys to:

• Night of the Rabbit
  • Fire
  • A Year of Rain

BTA (currently $7) and add:

• Cryofall
  • State of Mind
  • The Great Perhaps
  • AER : Memories of Old

Pay $15 and unlock:

• Iratus : Lord of the Dead
  • The Suicide of Rachel Foster
  • Iron Danger
  • Ken Follett’s The Pillar of the Earth

That is a nice collection of positve rated games across several genres for $15. The historical low on Iratus alone is $14, so $1 more buys a whole lot of extra gaming.

Fanatical has Deus Ex : Mankind Divided as the Star Deal today for $3.99 (87%)

They also have an Assassin’s Creed Build-A-Bundle. Choose 3 titles for $9.99 or 5 titles for $14.99 (Uplay keys) from a list that includes AC1, AC2, AC4, Botherhood, Revelations, Rogue, Freedom Cry, and all three Chronicles games.

GreenManGaming Summer Sale Flash Deals include:

• PC Building Simulator - $11.98 (40%)
  • Generation Zero - $12.74 (49%)
  • Life is Strange 2 : Complete Season - $13.60 (66%)
  • Hell Let Loose - $19.12 (36%)
  • The Outer Worlds - $25.50 (57%)

Looking for the best deal on Death Stranding? $47.59 (21%) at WinGameStore.

Fanatical Star Deal today is the Early Access 3D isometric RPG Exanima for $9.99 (33%), a historic low.

Steam has Pillars of Eternity II : Deadfire - Obsidian Edition (which contains all of the DLC) for $23.99 (60%). It’s not a historic low, but close enough to still be a very attractive deal. The whole Pillars Franchise is on sale.

Steam also has over 1500 Weeklong Deals including:

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is on sale and at a historic low at the moment. You can either get it for 70% off on Steam directly or get it from GreenManGaming for 76% off.

Steam discount valid for one day according to the store timer.

Fanatical has launched a new Platinum Collection Build-A-Bundle consisting of 20 titles at any 3 for $9.99. Their definition of “Platinum” is a bit loose, but there are a few worthy titles in the mix at $3.33 each. Iconoclasts, Grey Dawn and Wonder Boy make a good trio of well received indie games, while Pike & Shot : Campaigns, Stronghold 2 Steam Edition and Warhammer 40K Armageddon : Da Orks make a nice little bundle of strategy titles.

Humble Store is having another Space Sale. Some decent deals for Humble Choice subscribers:

• No Man’s Sky - $25.49 (58%)
  • Deep Rock Galactic - $17.84 (41%)
  • Star Control : Origins - $11.47 (62%)
  • If you got Void Bastards in the Choice this month, the Bang Tidy DLC is $2.54 (49%)
  • Plus many more titles and DLC up to 80% off

Humble also has launched a brand new Humble Best of Paradox Bundle. Four Tiers:

Pay $1 for Steam keys to:

• Warlock : Master of the Arcane : Complete Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis 4

BTA (currently $6.75) and add:

• Stellaris
  • Victoria Collection
  • Necropolis : Brutal Edition

Pay $12 and unlock:

• Battletech Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Tyranny

Pay $17 and receive:

• Imperator : Rome

The $1 tier is an insane amount of quality gaming for a buck. Hell, the whole bundle is full of excellent games, the only real problem here is that most people already own many of them from previous sales and bundles.

This bundle goes hand in hand with the Humble Store Paradox Sale where you can find DLC for those bundled games as well as a ton of Cities Skylines content at up to 77% off.

Humble Store is also having a Kalypso Publisher Sale which has some nice deals on DLC for Railway Empire if you just picked that up in the Humble Choice.

The Epic Games Store is having a Summer Sale. They are also giving away Tacoma and Next Up Hero for FREE this week.

If you have any leftover $10 coupons, they will work in the Summer Sale on anything $14.99 and up (excluding pre-orders). This makes for some nice deals including (all prices after $10 coupon):

• Before We Leave - $4.99
  • Snow Runner (Spintires sequel) - $21.99
  • Civilization VI - $4.99
  • Assassin’s Creed : Odyssey - $9.79
  • World War Z : GOTY - $12.49
  • The Outer Worlds - $19.99
  • Anno 1800 - $13.99
  • State of Decay 2 : Juggernaut Edition - $12.49
  • Disco Elysium - $19.99
  • Outer Wilds - $6.24
  • Outward - $5.99
  • and many more

What they don’t tell you is that you can add up to 5 games and get a discounted price for each. A sixth game added, would not show a discount.

Oh, wow, thanks for reminding me about that $10 Epic coupon!

I mean… Dammit, thanks for reminding me about that $10 Epic coupon.

I feel your pain, and your joy, and your pain again. You’re welcome.

Mortal Kombat XL is currently $6 on GMG.

Anno 1800 is on sale on Epic for $24 main game or $55 for game plus Season 1 & 2.

What is everyone’s opinion on the game?

It’s great. Get it!

(If you like Anno-style city builders, it’s the best of the formula.)

I really keep almost pulling the trigger on Anno 1800 Complete for $45 after the coupon I have from Epic, but I can’t shake the feeling that I’d rather have it on steam. :/

And no, it’s a weird feeling, no one go starting that argument again.

Feel free to tell me I’m dumb though. :)

I think it’s going to end up on Uplay regardless of where you purchase it.

This. No matter what, it’s gonna redirect you to Uplay any/every time you start the game, regardless of which platform you buy it on.

Buy The Colonists instead!

Like @ooomalley said, Anno 1800 is the best Anno, but I think The Colonists appeals to the same part of the brain and I enjoyed my time with it more. It isn’t as a gorgeous spectacle though like Anno 1800 is,

Yup, it’s a matter of whether you want a launcher for your launcher (like Epic or Steam) or just want the straightest path to starting the game (in which case you want it on UPlay, either through direct purchase or getting a Uplay key through Humble, Gamersgate, or whoever).

Alternatively, only buy it when it gets to GOG. No DRM. Pure bliss.

Which is fine if 1) it ever gets to GOG and 2) you don’t mind waiting about a decade, based on past Annos.

I tend to rebuy these when they get to GOG because clearly having a DRM-free copy is superior, but it’s one of those rare series that I like too much to wait on.