Bargain Thread 2020

Yeah, before they got rid of the wishlist, I’d actually removed FFVII Remake from my wishlist because I expect it to show up on Game Pass eventually, just like other Final Fantasy games have. I’m still waiting on a deep discount on FF X/X-2 on Xbox.

psdeals.net still lets you have a wishlist and you can see what the discounts are. I find the new PS Store atrocious.

I mean, we’re talking about Xbox and PSN, no real point in linking to that, but here you go:

PSN Black Friday

Xbox Black Friday

Probably best done on your console using your wishlists actually.

Some great deals in the Humble Fall Sale. Here’s what stood out to me. (Your prices might vary a little because I have a Choice discount added on.)

$2 or less:
One Finger Death Punch 2
Hero of the Kingdom 1 & 2
Grow Home & Grow Up
Glass Masquerade

about $3:
Death Crown
Wide Ocean, Big Jacket

about $4:
Chuchel
Super Blood Hockey
Guacamelee
Minit

A bunch of other series and DLC are on sale:
Pinball FX tables
Railway Empire expansions
Classic Sid Meier games

Would you mind checking the price on Sekiro for me? Thinking of unpausing my monthly if the Choice discount stacks with the sale, but it seemed like whenever there was something I actually wanted to buy, the “up to 20%” discount turned out not to apply.

I’m seeing it for $37.04: 35% store discount with an additional 5% Choice discount.

Thanks!

Also in the Xbox/PSN sale: No Man’s Sky is $30, it has an XBX/PS5 update.

I just got Into the Spiderverse 4k Blu-ray for $10 on Amazon if anyone else cares.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/6317632472/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_ZkwUFb3XYRPSX

I absolutely care that you got Into the Spiderverse 4k Blu-Ray for $10 on Amazon.

Congratulations!

Well I know it was fairly enjoyed around here, so maybe somebody else will enjoy it too!

xD

But actually my first 4k bluray since I got the full fat PS5 on the way and I love the animation, so I’m kind of excited to watch it again.

I also care and am proud of you for not only finding such a great deal but having the wisdom, empathy, and charity to share it with the community. You are loved, Becoming. I love you.

That’s a good point that I own a 4K Bluray player now. I never had an Xbox One S, I had the original Xbox and PS4, so I only had Bluray not 4K Blu Ray. And Into the Spiderverse would be a great showcase actually.

It just feels silly to get a 4K Bluray when I don’t have a 4K screen yet. Though that didn’t stop me from owning CDs long before I got a CD player. Or a Matrix DVD long before I got a DVD player. Or a Ghostbusters Bluray long before I got a bluray player. So maybe.

Thanks man.

On a related note, if anyone knows of any other deals on “worthy” 4k Blu-ray titles please share.

I bought my TV last year, but didn’t feel like a standalone 4k player was worth the price, but the extra $100 for the PS5 disc version seemed worth it for several reasons.

I would say The Revenant or Mad Max Fury Road.

Oh damn, I didn’t think of Fury Road but I imagine it would look amazing. Good call.

Fire Emblem Three Houses digital is 29.99 on Amazon,
and the same price for physical at Gamestop. So tempting…

It shows as 39.99 for me.

Same, but it is $30 at GameStop, and I caved.

Noooo, I overpaid by $5 a week ago!