Bargain Thread 2020

Ah nice, gonna order one!

I picked up one of these to add bluetooth for my PC:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J5WFPXX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aw yeah, the Zelda Link’s Awakening remake is finally on sale on the Switch eshop. 1000+ other games too:

Nintendo Sales & Deals - Nintendo Game Store

Aren’t those all on Gamepass too?

Everything except Resident Evil 3, yes.

Most, as pointed out.

Am I the only one still occasionally purchasing physical copies of games that come out on Game Pass? I tend to use Gamepass to try games/genres out I would normally not purchase. For games I know I will definitely play, I usually just buy them.

(Kind of glad I didn’t run out and buy The Outer Worlds, though I normally would have (RPG + Obsidian) - but I played it on Gamepass and was disappointed).

I still buy games that I think I may want to play again and am concerned might leave Game Pass. But physical games? No, I guess I’ve kind of given those up.

I don’t understand. How does the device need AA batteries but also a USB-C cable to charge?

I also use Gamepass for the discounts on the occasional games I do buy digitally.

It won’t actually charge unless you buy the play and charge kit for it. But you can play wired with a USB cable even if the batteries are dead.

You can play it wireless (with batteries), or wired (without batteries). I do the latter.

I think the last time I bought a physical copy of an Xbox or PC game would have been whenever Mass Effect 1 came out on the 360.

I’m glad I saw the Xbox controller deal. I love my Xbox One controller, which I also use on PC and my MiSTer, but the D-pad is a bit wonky and pressing up on it doesn’t work right unless you press it softly. I went ahead and ordered an open-box X|S controller for $34 after (free) shipping and tax, so I’m excited for that to arrive in a week.

$36 at GMG!

I ended up buying Darksiders 3 Blades and Whip edition, The Surge Augmented Edition and Torchlight 2. 5 games and 4 DLC for $51. Not bad. I played Torchlight 2 for about an hour last night. It’s not bad! The conversion from mouse and keyboard to gamepad isn’t handled as well as it is in Diablo 3 and Grim Dawn, but it’s handled satisfactorily enough. On the PC version, my characters (hardcore) would all die in the Pirate’s Cove, and but I already made it past that point on Xbox. My secret? Lowering the difficulty setting. I cheated! (Also I’m not playing Hardcore this time. Double cheating!)

Seeing the sale, I was considering picking one up, I’m still using an old 360 controller on my pc, but reading some reviews online, people comment that the buttons make quite a loud click when used. Thoughts?

I am now considering going with the new Razer Wolverine V2.

The d-pad is very clicky, and quite loud, yes. But I really like how that makes it feel discrete within the game instead of mushy. So when I want to press up on the d-pad. Click. I know I pressed up. There’s no doubt.

The other buttons are not loud. Only the d-pad.

All the Sega Ages releases are on sale on the Nintendo eShop. All of them worthwhile.

These are the games I have my eyes on for the Switch. These are the Canadian prices so divide in half and then subtract $10 for the actual prices.

Phoenix Wright $20
Dark Souls $25
Slay the Spire $20
Moonlighter $10
SKyrim $40
Doom 3 $4
Rayman Legends $15
Dragon’s Dogma $20
Golf Story $10
Thronebreaker: The Witcher $11
Gris $8.50

So in Canada, I get paid $8 to play Doom 3.