Bargain Thread 2020

I had a corsair K70 with repeating keys a couple of months ago, RMA’d it for a replacement no problem. They did a cross-ship, where you buy a new keyboard and then get refunded when they receive the return.

I’d love to switch away from Logitech mice, but no one else makes them with the mouse wheel that can switch between free spinning and ratcheted. I’m trapped.

That really is indeed a great feature of logitech mice. One other feature that I love for gaming is left or right tilt buttons on the mouse wheel. I find those buttons easy to use and I am really sad when I use a mouse that doesn’t have them.

Target and Amazon have deals today on Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tushima for PS4.

Add both to cart, and it comes out to $63.05 (tax included).

Not bad for new releases this year.

Hmm. I’m seeing $29.99 for LoU2, and $39.99 for Ghosts. Still great deals, but even in cart it’s 69.98 before tax.

I need the Lord King of South Carolina discount!

Which store? I did the Amazon route for the above deal, and the extra 5% with my prime card. So I know it works there. And if I add the games to my cart on Target this is what I am seeing:

I picked up both on Amazon and started with Ghost since it already has a PS5 patch. My one big concern is that the Last of Us 2 won’t have a free patch and will do something stupid like a remastered or paid DLC.

Hey! It shows the Lordkosc discount in cart. Nice! Thanks!

Decided to take a pass on TLOU2, but all over Ghosts. That’s the best price I’ve seen for a new copy there.

Indeeds! The BEST discounts.

You’re missing out on some good zombie apocalypse!

I’ve been reading a good bit about this on the Internets since my Logitech left mouse button started freaking out a few weeks ago. Apparently, Logitech shifted away from higher quality Japanese micro switches at some point in the past couple of years. The newer ones they use now fail quite a bit. Case in point for me is that my 3-year-old G502 Proteus still works great, while my 10-month-old G502 Hero mouse failed already.

If you’re out of warranty and not afraid to poke around inside a mouse, just cleaning the switch can sometimes fix the issue. Here’s a video for the G502 mouse. Alternatively, you can replace a switch for about $3 and some soldering. I picked up two new Japanese switches for $6 on Amazon a few days ago, and will take a shot at putting them in once they arrive. I’m not the best at soldering, but the mouse is useless already so breaking it more doesn’t matter, and apparently Logitech doesn’t want it back as part of the replacement.

I guess this could fall under “bargains” if a free cleaning or a $3 switch gets you a newly functioning $50 mouse? :)

Weird, I have a 12 year old Logitech G400s mouse that is still going strong. Overall my experience with logitech peripherals has been very good, the assortment of mice, gamepads, speakers, and joysticks has served me well over the decades. I mean right now I have a mouse, gamepad, and speaker all hooked up to my computer, all logitech, and all have been very good.

If it is as @Zilla_Blitz mentions though, and a recent internal component change, that would explain it.

I just got a Logitech G604 so if it breaks in the near future, I will be sure to whine in this thread!

Yes, the official whiny mouse thread with occasional bargains thrown in.

Speaking of which, I added $100 to my Steam account for the Black Friday sale, and still have $95 left. Not sure why the bargains aren’t connecting to me, but it might be my existing backlog of games I want to play right away. It’s been a good couple of months.

My G602 is working pretty good at the moment. I bought a backup for him a few years ago though, just in case. I guess I’ll be sticking to the oldie but goodies until/if they wise up again.

All this talk of broken mice has made me paranoid, so I just ordered a back up death adder with a 50% cyber discount to stick in my drawer…

We’re gamers here. Doesn’t everyone have one mouse, two keyboards, a spare PSU and maybe 3-4 desktops going back to the 90s in their closet? And that’s just one closet.

Mice? Pfft! I only use an old Commodore 64 trackball.

Yep, sounds about right to me. And many of them half-cannibalized for parts for other things. And don’t even get me started on cables.

I moved recently. Cleaned out the closet, just in time to need a pile of backup input devices. Oh well.