Bargain Thread 2021

Thank you. I wonder if its for Age of Empires 4 that they are doing this.

@legowarrior Seems likely - well worth it for that alone.

Sadly, with my luck, I will run out of time before playing anything. Still, worth a dollar.

Last time I did this, they also let me upgrade to the “Gamepass Ultimate” for $1, which in effect netted me two months for $2. You just have to wait until the first month is about to run out though, as it doesn’t credit you anything for time left.

Heroes of Hammerwatch and Battle for Polytopia are also quite good. It is one of the better bundles Fanatical has offered in some time, so I was glad to see it return.

Polytopia is incredible to play on the phone too (it’s mostly free, with a bunch of additional content to pay for). Game’s got it all.

Wait, so the whole “conversion of a whole mess of Gold to Ultimate” is on again (not for current subscribers)?

I don’t run out for another few months anyway.

@Papageno Well, for me at least, around mid-September I started getting an advertisement within the Xbox app that I could upgrade to ultimate for $1. That month just ran out, but lucky me, here they are again with another $1 deal for the base Gamepass for PC, which is all I really want anyways since I don’t own an Xbox.

I’m definitely going to investigate when this month is running out to see if it permits me do that upgrade again. I’ve had Gamepass on and off for about 6 months total now, and only once did I pay full price (Mid August - September 2021) - the rest were all $1.

Rare sale on Xbox Series S/X controllers for Canadians on Amazon.ca.

$15 off, now $59.99 CAD

I remember when Xbox One controllers were $49.99 CAD :(

At least it’s not $150USD like the Elite series!

Meanwhile I’m still using the 360 controller I bought I don’t even know how many years ago. What a tank. Gonna be seriously sad when it finally goes, although the D-pad could surely be better.

My wired 360 controller has gotten so much use. In some ways I still prefer it over XB1 and Series X controllers, especially the LB and RB buttons and their reliability, as well as the reliability of the thumbsticks. Sometimes I stream XB1 or XSX games to my PC so that I can play them on the 360 controller instead.

I bought it in 2006. If I had known the quality was THIS good, I would have bought a second one.

(But yes, valid that the d-pad sucks. The Series X d-pad is quite a bit better. I can’t play Tetris Effect: Connected on the 360, XB1 controllers, only the Series controller).

The way this is worded makes it sound like a special controller just for Canadians. Like it has built in chat macros for “Sorry” and “Eh?” and an internet enabled reorder button for Timbits.

If only hoser was the worst thing I’d ever been called gaming online.

Kickstarter when?

I love those guys.

Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition is free on Amazon Prime.

Isn’t that an MMO? Is there a monthly fee?

Yes it’s a MMO and no subscription fee, it’s B2P. They do charge for major expansion packs and other stuff.