Bargain Thread 2021

I am amazed it has zero calories, you can consume almost 7 pounds of mustard and gain no weight? Right?

You would gain almost 7 pounds, briefly, before losing potentially eight or nine.

This sounds like a diet plan I could get on board with.

On thread topic, one of the best sailing games is 75% off.

One of the very few, if only things. I’ve found some good approximations out here, but it’s still not the same as one from Jim’s.

Might be useful with all the Chilean folks in my twitter feed talking about completo italiano (which apparently is a hot dog with avacado, tomato, and mayo.

(South American FGC is very rabidly nationalistic- for good and bad!, Chilean folks are nicest of the bunch)

Not a massive deal, but a good one for arcade fans like myself. The Capcom Arcade Stadium is on sale. All platforms have the pricing in the post below.

Steam reviews for Stadium are resoundingly negative though?

It was patched since release to fix the original issues, unless the PC version has issues the other versions do not?

I bought it last night on Switch. It works great as far as I can tell. Sure, as with any collection like this getting it to look exactly as it did in arcades is impossible because as far as I’m concerned CRTs will never be replicated in HD, but aside from that, performance felt right in all the games I played, and I played most of these in arcades at least once if not extensively. Some I played as recently as a couple years ago at Galloping Ghost in Chicago.

If you see games you want to play in there, it’s worth it. It has entertaining presentation too.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but the “3 months for $1” deal is back for Xbox Gamepass:

I didn’t finish Wasteland 3 the last time I subscribed, and now they have SnowRunner…so I’m in!

They complain that only one game is free.
Those kids are in for a true shock when they discover the world doesn’t actually revolve around them!

Missed the deal, but game doesn’t look like it lets you sail. Koooosc!!

If you have Amazon Prime, there are some good freebies currently available via Prime Gaming aka Twitch Prime Gaming Loot:

• Dragon Age: Inquisition (code to redeem on Origin Games)
  • Control: Ultimate Edition (code to redeem on GOG)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (you have to link your Amazon account to Epic Games to get this one–I passed since I already had it on Steam)

And don’t forget to check the Giveaway thread for people offloading extraneous copies!

Ah, but did you have the extras (I gather DLC is included with the Epic version, so I did it even though I’m in the same boat, having the base version on Steam)?

Anyone grabbing this or have thoughts on the games? I think I’m probably past my allotment of new games for this month and will pass on it, unless anything here is really worth making time for.

Dead in Vinland was pretty cool, but super hard a game. Like a predetermined memory puzzle of sorts.

Aven Colony is now free on Epic.

I 100%'d this one (~40h), it’s fun. Casual space city builder-sim with scenarios.

Next week’s “free game” is a content pack for some rando F2P piece of shit. Methinks Sweeney may be backing off on buying users.

Presumably at this point basically everyone that can be bought has been bought.

They’ve done that before, I think, although maybe not as the only thing given away in a given week.