Bargain Thread 2021

Rusty Lake is a brilliant and macabre series of escape-room style adventures, and Rusty Lake Hotel, the first (though it shares a universe with the mostly free Cube Escape series), is free through May 1st. (to keep).

Golden week sales are on now

Playstation has new lows on Blazblue Cross Tag and the Persona Dancing series.

Steam new lows on Holy Potatoes Spy+Space, .hackgu, Production Line, Enslaved, Death End Request, Tekken 7, Tales series (all), Digimon Story

That Steam Japanese sale is near unbrowsable with their dedicated interface. The genre and other sorting don’t correspond to anything, total mess. Good luck to everyone!

I’ll throw a recommandation for the games from
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Mindware%20Co.%2CLtd.
Lovely remakes of classical arcade games, often with a surprising depth.
Mindware is the new name of MNM Software, run by the same person since 1987.
They are rarely that much on sale. The bundles are a bit of mess and you may achieve better pricing by picking smaller packages. Don’t buy their EA stuff.

Iron Harvest has a free weekend on Steam.

Tonight We Riot is currently free on GOG.

Super Panda Adventures is currently free on IndieGala.

Also Titanfall 2 free weekend:

Go play the best single-player FPS campaign in over 20 years.

^ highly recommend trying it.

On the 3DS there’s an Atlus sale. Haven’t had one of those in 6+ months.

Etrian Odysseys, Persona Qs, Shin Megami Tensei titles and Radiant Historia are all 50% off. Most of these games are now crazy prices physical.

I don’t think truer words have ever been written.

How sad is it that I own this and haven’t played it because I can’t clear enough space on my SSD?

I totally get that.

New Fanatical Build Your Own Hidden Gems Bundle. $1 for 1 game, $2.99 for 5 titles or $4.99 for 10. 20 “gems” tp choose from, including:

• The Padre : One Shell Straight To Hell
  • Subdivision Infinity DX
  • The Last Federation
  • Shutter Double Mission Pack
  • Dreadout
  • Dreadout : Keepers of the Dark
  • Rebel Galaxy
  • Beat Cop
  • The Ship : Remastered
  • Kelvin and the Infamous Machine
  • and several more.

Star Deal today is Creed : Rise to Glory for $4.49 (85%)

I’d highlight Wrongworld. It’s a very charming and likeable survival crafter - and works pretty well as a game of the genre; with a clear goal and 15 hours of solid gameplay.

edit: perfect example of the charm of the game, the minimum system requirements:

• Minimum:
  • Processor: Yes, a processor is required. My 2011 middle-of-the-road laptop […].

Star Dynasties (early access) is $8 on Gamebillet.

Ew, not boding well ;(

Crusader Kings + Stellaris is an extremely ambitious project and I would imagine must be a nightmare to balance and make dynamic.

The waypoint team were pretty keen on this when they tried it.

Grabbing it at that price!

Hey guys, remember IndieGala?

Well, this bundle has two of the Skautfold games. Some people really like them, it’s a got a small following. Don’t know if they’re any good. The others in the bundle aren’t interesting.

https://www.indiegala.com/bundle/tiny-knights-steam-bundle

Humble has a good bundle of games you already have:

Great stuff if you know anyone getting into pc gaming. 100% charity.

Well put. It’s a great bundle if you’re new to the glorious world of PC gaming.

Dang. I was excited to see Baba is You in there. But I own just about everything else!

Get it on the Switch, the way it’s meant to be played! (ie in the bed)