Bargain Thread 2021

Fanatical Star Deal today is RimWorld for a historic low $27.99 (20%).

They also have a new Dollar Neon Bundle for , uh, $1.00, that includes 13 indie titles such as Neon Space and Neon Space 2, Slash It, Slash It 2 and Slash It Ultimate, Poly Island and the Duke of Alpha Centauri.

Hoping it is some wit of yours, I won’t click to find out if those are real things!

I can’t speak for the rest of them but I liked Pony Island.

But what about Poly Island?

Sticky.

I’ve played a few of those dollar games. Most suck, not worth a buck.

If you sign up for Epic’s email newsletter they’ll give you one of those $10 coupons like in the sales, good until November 16th:

The $10 coupon makes for the following deals:

That is only what’s on sale right now…there are sure to be additional titles marked down between now and Nov. 15th that you can use that $10 on as well. Note that it does NOT replenish like the sale coupons, so use it wisely.

Riftbreaker is currently on Game Pass, so don’t spend your coupon on that if you’ve got GP.

Waffling on picking up Death’s Door for $10 after watching @Rock8man and @krayzkrok gush about it.

Well worth it!

But if you still want to break stuff, then I can also firmly recommend

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/beast-breaker

@nightgaunt and the rest of the team did a great job on it, and it would only be $4.99 with the coupon!

Meanwhile, I’m considering this for $9.99, based on the strength of Waypoint’s recommendation:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/boomerang-x

Think I’m going to have to pull the trigger on this one…

I don’t think I can resist Aquanox at that price anymore.

@Kolbex, Death’s Door will not disappoint.

Thanks for the kind words, Thraeg!

DDO is back to being free-ish. LOTRO too if you missed it last week.

Free Questing Coupon – Thank You From Standing Stone Games

Now includes the Ravenloft expansion and a few more quests.

I was thinking about picking up Spellforce 3 : Fallen God along with Spellforce 3 : Soul Harvest which is currently $6.24 (75% off). However Epic Store doesn’t seem to have the Spellforce 3 base game at all, which is weird. Am I missing something? I thought Soul Harvest and Fallen God were stand-alone expansion games, and that the base game was still a different campaign and stuff? If I’m buying in, I want to be able to own the whole series.

Might be best to wait and use the coupon during the upcoming sale.

What should I use my coupon on?

Great question! New releases like Back 4 Blood, Far Cry 6 and Alan Wake Remastered are all great choices.

If you’re looking to min/max your savings, our Halloween Sale kicks off on October 18. We’ve got some spook-tastic deals this year with World War Z Aftermath, Wolfenstein, Maneater and more!

If you’re not feeling the Halloween vibes, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with up to 75% off on games across ALL genres: Hitman 3, Chivalry 2, Voidtrain… you get the point. Check out the full sale collection on October 18!

Is it weird that I’m also tempted, even though I have very little time for something like an RPG these days?

Is it even any different? I seem to recall people giving a big old ¯\_(ツ)_/¯