Bargain Thread 2021

Buy eshop cards at Costco, $90 for 100 of eshop credit

get gold points at about 5% purchase

Games always 15% off effectively

This site called GameBillet sure is flogging the PC version of Days Gone, it’s down to $21.59. Anyone here play it?

https://www.gamebillet.com/days-gone-pre-purchase

I played some on PS4 because they gave it away with PS Plus. Very standard, 7/10 open world. Fun for a while but it couldn’t keep my interest over the long haul.

Yes, I played that game through twice. Once on the pc and once on the ps5. I never do that, and I actively dislike biker culture.

Don’t play survival mode. It just makes the game a miserable experience eventually. The game is very long and you will absolutely want fast travel at some point.

Thanks, and thanks to @Kolbex. I don’t necessarily want to play it right now so I’ll probably give it a pass and pick it up later (probably for less) if I feel like it will scratch an itch.

Decent bundle of casual farming games.

I finished the first , and am currently on Island Farmer.

Hulu is having a promotion right now for a year’s worth of (ad supported) service for 99 cents a month.

Ads are typically shown at the beginning of the stream and throughout the video — similar to what you’d expect from a traditional TV broadcast [in hell].

Paying to watch ads. What a nightmare.

That’s every major blockbuster and kids show. Anyone that has paid to see a James Bond Movie has paid to watch an ad.

Thanks for the promotion @abidingdude. I actually re-upped because most kids’ shows only show a single ad at every beginning, and then none throughout the rest of the show. And that includes the new seasons of the Animaniacs.

I know the game is practically ancient at this point (2009, apparently*) but Eador: Genesis is 59 cents at on GOG right now. I was thinking of the game for some reason and googled up some screenshots (mostly for nostalgia’s sake) and noticed the sale.

This game is just so damn good, it’s hard for me to express the absurd quality per penny ratio here. And the original (arguably) holds up better with 2D graphics (though the 3D remake did tone down the Russian-level difficulty a bit).

*Something like 2012 feels more correct to me–maybe the English translation happened then?

I think Sanctus Reach wasn’t very good.

Weirdly I have really got into Armageddon - the expansions are actually pretty entertaining (the original campaign does not at all make it clear that you need to take losses, and is undertuned to the point you can play and win with a near zero-loss, dull boring artillery creep strategy).

I do own the base game for Armageddon, but it’s another game I just never played it seems.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-anime-bundle-3

Anime game bundle. I don’t know much, but Tokyo Xanadu is Falcom’s take on Persona, and Cosmic Star Heroine is pretty good.

I got this a couple of days ago and have already watched three movies, so it’s been great so far. We do have to watch a few ads but it doesn’t bother me much.

$35 for a year of PS Plus.

Game Pass for PC for $14.99 for three months. Half off.

Free Prime games for december. Too lazy to type them out so here’s a screenshot.

Including two games I’ve actually paid money for in the past! (Frostpunk and Tales of Monkey Island).

The free Amazon lineup is often better than the special grandfathered-in $12 Humble Bundle.

Well, these days anyway. They went through a kinda garbage period (IMHO) but they’ve gotten much better lately.

If not explicitly indicated otherwise, I suppose these are only playable in the Twitch/Prime Gaming app, right? I’ve been curious about Journey to the Savage Planet, so that’s a win. NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered is pretty solid (I remember playing the über-old NFS Hot Pursuit way back in the late 90s/early aughts*-- in fact it may have been the first NFS game I bought, since before '99 I was playing on Macs–I miss the non-licensed music in that generation of games BTW–pleasant, unobtrusive and let you concentrate on the driving).

*I realize that this remaster is of a much later version, which I also bought on Steam back in 2011(?).