Bargain Thread 2021

Sometimes, in the small moments, it’s about both.

I tell myself that too!

Well, it is hard to play 'em if you don’t have 'em. I mean I want a library ready-to-go if I actually buy the thing, right?

right?

I will always affirm that.

My coworker gave me this 20 years ago.

Ouch. That’s close to home.

There’s a perfect scene in the movie saving face that speaks of this.

The woman is getting ready for a date. Her daughter is helping her pick outfits. She suggests the yellow one hanging in the closet. Mother says she can’t wear yellow, it looks bad with her skin color.

Small pause.

“On sale” she answers the unasked question.

Well, I did it. The KUF bundle, and Wildermyth- I’ve been wanting to try that for a while, as a fan of procedurally-generated stories. And DiscoE, even though I have a terrible backlog of games on GP to play. When the dam breaks, you just go with it (though I did resist a bunch of other things on my wishlist).

@wisefool Oh no, the Saving Face scene brings too much clarity. I thought I was lovably foolish.

@Don_Quixote Disco Elysium scratched all my cranial crevices. It was way better than I had hoped. I hope you find a chance to play it.

Maybe a price error? New all time low price for Watch Dogs Legion Gold Edition at 82% off for subscribers @ Humble.

Make sure you play Wildermyth now, so you can vote it GotY in the Quarterlies! ;)

I mentioned Monolith above, but I’ve spent 3.6 hours on it now and I feel like it’s one of the most fun games I’ve played in years. Very much a one more run type of game. Check it out:

Why do you have to hurt my eyes so much with your recommendation? They were already bleeding from playing Atomicrops.

Despite my backlog, I want to pick up a few new games on sale that keep showing up on most of the Best of 2021 lists. The Steam sale discounts for these titles are mostly lackluster, but the Epic $10 coupons are making it just too hard to resist.

Death’s Door and Inscryption seem like no brainers with the $10 discounts. Maybe even The Forgotten City and Sable?

It’s like Starward rogue with streamlined maths and Nier Tomato hacking game soundtrack! Sweet!

I have gotten on with it much better than Starward Rogue, but the resemblance is certainly there.

@Rock8man This game is so much more relaxing than Atomicrops. Just do what I do and imagine you’re nine years old playing a NES (that somehow has two control sticks) again.

I was a PC gaming snob back then! So no NES games for me, except Legend of Zelda, which I played over a week while visiting a cousin. First console to break me free of that was N64 and Goldeneye being so much better than PC shooters of the time.

Well then relive the youth you never got to have!

Atlus digital 3DS games on sale. Some fantastic titles for $9.99 for those still playing on the 3DS.

I’ve never played any of those, any suggestions for someone who likes ARPGs and roguelikes/lites?

Yes, Monolith.