Bargain Thread 2022

I played Autoduel on my Atari 800XL. I spent dozens of hours on it, it was by far one of my favorite games ever published for the Atari 8-bit computers. So fun.

I have far too many unplayed new games now to ever go back to those days though, even for a classic like Autoduel.

Bought AutoDuel because $1. Never played it in the original era. Gotta figure out how to get this running on the Steam Deck.

With a name like Autoduel I thought it would have car combat, but I watched a YT video of the old school game and it mostly seemed to be just about driving your little car around in a neighborhood. Admittedly I skipped around in the video.

You encounter enemy cars on the roads between cities and you can also participate in arena battles.

Please share if you do! One of my all time favorites and top of my want a modern remake list.

Cross-posting a GOG sale on Falcom games from the Trails thread:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (aka ‘excellent classic JRPG’) ($9.99)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel ($19.99) [forum thread]
Ys: The Oath in Felghana ($5)
Ys: Memories of Celceta ($15)
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox ($48)
All the other stuff (including sequels!)

Might grab this, the demo was promising

Need for Speed: Heat Deluxe , is on sale for $3.50 (usually $59) until October 11th.

I don’t know anything about this game, but that seems crazy. Is it some micro-transaction title, or is this a good deal?

I was intrigued - and then I checked my library. Turns out it was a Prime Gaming giveaway this July so you might already have it on the EA/Origin library instead of Steam.

Edit: It did also get me to watch a review - sounds like its a “solid reboot of the NFS franchise” so I’ll have to remember it next time I feel like a racing game…

Paladin’s Oath looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Deck games BYO bundle:
Build your own Play on the Go Bundle 2 | Fanatical

• 198X
  • American Fugitive
  • Blacksad
  • Blasphemous
  • Door Kickers
  • Far Lone Sails
  • Golf Club Wasteland
  • Horizon Chase Turbo %
  • Intravenous
  • Morbid
  • Mordheim
  • Nuts
  • Speed Limit
  • Styx Master of Shadows
  • Who’s Your Daddy
  • Yooka Laylee Impossible Lair %

% was available as an epic freebie

Humble has a new RPG Legends : Baldur’s Gate and Beyond Bundle live. Baldur’s Gate & Beyond is my favorite place to buy new towels…so soft and fluffy, also buy one kobold get one free this week only!.

$20 gets you Steam keys for:

• Pathfinder : Wrath of the Righteous
  • Neverwinter Nights Enchanced Edition: Complete Adventures
  • Baldur’s Gate EE
  • Baldur’s Gate II EE
  • Baldur’s Gate : Siege of Dragonspear
  • Baldur’s Gate Faces of Good and Evil
  • Planescape Torment EE
  • Icewind Dale EE
  • 25% Off Mythforce coupon (Humble Store)

For $10 you can get everything except Pathfinder : Wrath of the Righteous in the event you already own it but still want to collect all of the D&D Enhanced Edition games (and they are all fantastic).

Pretty sure Wrath of the Righteous was just $20 by itself on Steam so that’s a good price even if you don’t need the rest of it.

I’m embarrassed to say I’ve never played Planescape Torment. I might have to at least do the $1 for that. Tempting to go all in for Wrath of the Righteous, but then I never did manage to finish the first one.

You should look in the giveaway thread:

Pathfinder has been dropping recently and has dipped down to $16 so far:

I tried once. Didn’t see what all the fuss was about.

Speaking as someone that played it when it originally came out, I never really understood what all the fuss was about, but to each their own. I just wanted a good outer planes D&D game, and whatever its strengths it is certainly not that.

At the time, Planescape Torment was completely different from any other RPG. There was just nothing like it.

I’ve finished it three times now and I still have no idea of what can change the nature of a man.

But I do remember - Don’t trust the skull.