Bargain Thread 2022

At the time, Planescape Torment was completely different from any other RPG. There was just nothing like it.

I’ve finished it three times now and I still have no idea of what can change the nature of a man.

But I do remember - Don’t trust the skull.

But they said specifically what can change the nature of a man! Or maybe that’s missable?

I think they talked about it a lot without specifically saying anything?

But then I also managed to miss the mecha world in all three playthroughs.

Humankind has a free weekend and $25 sale on Steam. It’s also $21 on GamesPlanet US and $21.5 on Fanatical.

That is absolutely true.

No, I remember the answer to that question, for the “good” Nameless at least, being pretty explicit in the game. When you answer Ravel yourself, it’s your answer.

You can choose your answer, but I’ve seen people argue that the correct answer (due to the overall narrative of the game) would be regret.

On the other hand, the Nameless One says himself:

If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can.

That first one is the “good” Nameless’ answer, what changed him. What you tell Ravel is your answer, the player, playing the role of the Nameless One. And the last bit is the truth, that meaningful change comes from desire and strength of will, and while all those other answers are true, but don’t encompass the totality of the truth.

Such a great game.

October is Fallout month. Bethesda is offering a variety of Fallout promotions from discounts to free Fallout 76 for Windows users. Fallout 4 GOTY edition is $9.99 at Steam.

Hah, wondered how long it would take to make it to zero dollars. That’s what happens after game pass, I guess. I’m still not playing it.

Been waiting for a sale on Battle Chef Brigade on the Switch for years and it’s finally dirt cheap on there and Steam.

It’s not a good game, but a decent way to spend some hours in a pretty cool setting, nice views, and sorta Fallout atmosphere, pretty Fallout in some places, like some sort of Fallout wannabe in others.

Unfortunately the guy you see in paint on the Planescape Torment box art is also the main programmer. He has most recently shilled for the Amico investment scam by fighting on Twitter. Considering his recent work history consists of other failed crowdfunding projects I almost don’t blame him for taking a regular paycheck defrauding investors.

Per Aspera has a free weekend and $15 sale on Steam.

I quite liked Per Aspera when I got it from Humble Monthly, but I spent almost the entire game churning along at max speed and still felt like I had to wait a lot. There’s a good game in there, but I think it really needs another iteration to be an excellent game. That is to say, $15 is about the right price to me.

stolen from Slickdeals:

Humble Melee Mayhem Bundle

Bundle Options:

• Pay $12 to Get
    • River City Girls
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Mortal Kombat 11
    • Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Song of Iron
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Mordhau
    • Chronicon
      • Steam Deck Playable
    • 90% off Coupon for Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Add-On Bundle
    • 10% off Coupon for River City Girls Zero
    • 10% off Coupon for River City Girls 2
  • Pay $23 to Get
    • Chivalry 2
    • River City Girls
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Mortal Kombat 11
    • Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Song of Iron
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Mordhau
    • Chronicon
      • Steam Deck Playable
    • 90% off Coupon for Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Add-On Bundle
    • 10% off Coupon for River City Girls Zero
    • 10% off Coupon for River City Girls 2

Chronicon has been discussed here and there but I wanted to say it’s a pixel-art ARPG with a surprising amount of depth and replayability. It’s a keeper!

Resi 2 is cheapest it has been on both Ps and Xbox. Surely I’ll buy it and it’ll come to game pass.

That’s what I was thinking too. I already own it on Steam, but seeing the Racoon City bundle on Xbox for $20 (RE2 Remake and RE3 Remake) is very tempting.

The only thing keeping me away is that I actually played the Steam version that I bought. Unlike the Resident Evil 2 Remake demo, in the full game, you don’t get any bullets, so you can’t really shoot your enemies, you have to run away from them instead, which isn’t as fun.