Bargain Thread 2022

Same here. I got about 5 or 6 titles on ggdeal alerts and don’t bother much with other bargain topics on forums or whatever, including this one lol

Historic low y’all. It’s so good you should get it.

@lordkosc will be all over that with his newly found extra time!

Brian, any idea why this game doesn’t click for me? What am I missing? I expected the fishing itself would be fun as an activity even if it looked primitive. But it didn’t seem that fun–you’re just deciding how fast to reel in to keep your lure at the depth you want, am I right? The lure-crafting was unique and kind of interesting to puzzle out. And the missions kept me going for a couple hours. What parts of the game really hooked you (har har)?

I actually found the fishing quite relaxing. It’s also fun to figure out where to find the best fish, either for your quests or for yourself. I also enjoyed tweaking with the lures to get the quickest bites. I also love the graphics and the procedural lakes.

I like it but I fail to catch pretty much anything. I’ve rarely been this bad at a game.

It’s not hard to catch things, you just have to use the right bait. The best way to learn that is to catch fish and dissect them. Once you do that you’ll eventually learn how to best manipulate the bait to get better catches. It’s also usually a good place to get catches in shallow water using a surface bait.

4-21-2022 8-33-05 PM

Oh yeah!

Fuck yeah!!!

The starter rod has awful sensitivity, which controls whether you feel a bite or not. There’s reasons you might want low sensitivity later in the game (targeting large fish only, for example), but the first priority starting a new Intergalactic Fishing run should be to replace the rod. With a decent rod, I enjoyed the fishing.

How do the controls in Intergalactic Fishing work? Is it controller? M&KB? Something one could play with one hand while holding a fascinated toddler in the other?

I’m trying to dial in how much time I could reasonably give it.

You can play it entirely with a mouse, but they recently added gamepad support.

That’s encouraging, thanks. Can I pause/quit anywhere?

Only played it a few minutes, but save and quit was an option in the tutorial. :)

Good deal. Thanks guys, this sounds like it might be a good “fire it up while kiddo is watching videos on my lap” game. I’ve been in the market for one of those, they’re a little hard to find.

Sure can, you can pause to go to the main menu and save any time.

The game pad support is really good, for something added late. I have only been playing that way and it just feel like the way to play.

Thank you @tfernando for the tip! I really couldn’t tell if something was biting or not indeed.

Oh, in that case - I’m in!

So I received my Steam gift cards from Best Buy yesterday, and both failed to redeem on Steam. Steam support replied within a couple of hours saying that the seller had not activated them. I just called Best Buy customer service, and their gift card department (use extension 409 after connecting to their main support number) was able to activate both cards, and I was able to redeem the codes right away.

Someone posted on Reddit saying that one of their cards was already activated by someone else, and neither Best Buy nor Steam was being very helpful so far.

Never had this issue with gift cards before. I figured Best Buy would be pretty good at selling these but perhaps not.