Bargain Thread 2022

There are some real bargains at Fanatical during this current special.

This looks like a great bundle for $4.

Showing as 40.99 for me. Guess I missed the window.

Yes the sale ran for 2 entire weeks

Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition has a free weekend and $6 sale on Steam.

Mindustry is just $1 on Fanatical today.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/mindustry

Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy, Republic Commando, NFS Heat, and Grid Legends all free on gaming.amazon.com for Prime Members, through 7/14.

New Xbox Series S for $250 from Woot.
(NEW) Microsoft Xbox Series S (512GB) (woot.com)

Pretty crazy. This game is the latest one that just came out in February.

I guess it didnā€™t sell well at all.

Doesnā€™t have the greatest reviews on Steam. NFS Heat though sounds pretty good. I was silly and let my son claim NFS while I took GRID because I didnā€™t bother looking up reviews first. Lucky kids!

I think youā€™re the lucky one IMO.

NFS heat, I couldnā€™t get past the 2nd race because I canā€™t figure out the physics in that game. How are supposed to drive? Are you supposed to slow down for the turns or not? How do you keep up with the AI drivers? Why am I so far behind them? What am I not getting?

Thatā€™s a common problem for me in Arcade racing games. At least Grid and other racers work with understandable physics. Slow down for turns before the actual turn, try to use the whole turn, donā€™t stress the tires by trying to accelerate too early. Easy, because thatā€™s how it is in real life. Thereā€™s nothing to figure out. But NFS Heat? I have no clue.

Interesting to hear! Iā€™m not too terribly concerned because I still have the original Grid around somewhere which is still apparently the best of pretty much anything since (and would run on my ancient hardware!).

It flopped completely, to unimaginable level.
obrazek

obrazek

As did GRID 2019. Which is a shame, I played some 16 hours of 2019 and enjoyed it, and I just picked up Legends via Prime (had to brush off my decade unused amazon account), played the story campaign for an hour and also enjoyed it (as ubercringe as the FMVs are).

For some reason the GRID name just doesnā€™t attract anyone to actually buy on day one. Maybe GRID 2 and Autosport did too much damage.

Bring back touge from GRID1 you cowards

That feeling when your two bundle headliners have both been given away free previously, one of them just days agoā€¦
Focus Entertainment Legends and Visions Bundle at Humble is $12 and features:

• Hood : Outlaws & Legends
  • Vampyr
  • Bound By Flame
  • The Surge
  • The Surge 2
  • MudRunner
  • Technomancer

If youā€™re a fan of the LEGO video games, this bundle contains 9 of them for about $1.11 each.
LEGO At The Movies Bundle on Humble is $10 and features:

• The LEGO Movie 2
  • LEGO The Incredibles
  • LEGO DC Super Villains
  • LEGO Ninjago Movie
  • LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2
  • LEGO Marvel Avengers
  • LEGO Jurassic World
  • LEGO Movie 1
  • LEGO Marvel Superheroes 1

Wait, was the Surge (2) given away somewhere recently or is that not one of the headliners?

The two headliners (added at the $12 tier) are Hood : Outlaws & Legends, which was given away a week or so ago on Epic Games Store, and Vampyr which was given away earlier this year, also on Epic.

Thanks for the clarification - Iā€™d never even heard of Hood so didnā€™t realize it was a headliner.

There were dozens of Hood players, dozens!

Surge 2 was in Humble Choice a year ago, so any longtime subscriber will have it.