Bargain Thread 2022

Indigala “PDX mini legacy bundle” = paradox “oldies” - nice thing here is that these are the “complete” editions with all DLC so a great way to upgrade basic copies.

Battletch (this bundle was worth it for me to upgrade my basic Battletech to Merc Edition + Shadow Hawk)
Age of Wonder Planetfall (I liked playing this briefly on GamePass)
Knights of Pen and Paper (cute stripped down to essentials “classic RPG” = combats with cutscenes, but cute metastory since your characters are characters playing the RPG)
Knights of Pen and Paper 2
Pillars of Eternity (I felt bad about getting this for free elsewhere but having a save on the basic edition on Steam)

https://www.indiegala.com/store/game/pdx-mini-legacy-bundle/paradox_bundle

Edit: Also, it’s summer sale time on both Epic and Microsoft stores (and other places really)

Most DLC (the ones that required Bioware points) for Dragon Age and Mass Effect are now free on Origin. You’ll need to manually add each DLC via your Origin/EA library.

Shame that Awakening for DAO is not there.

Fanatical has a LucasArts Adventure Pack on sale right now for $2.99. This is a single Steam key that includes The Dig, Loom, and Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis + Last Crusade. This will probably sell out soon since there are already only 30% keys remaining.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/lucasarts-adventure-pack

Thanks for the heads-up, krushnine. There is a lot of nostalgia in that LucasArts Adventure Pack.

Fanatical Star Deal today is the Arkane Anniversary Collection for $17.99 (82%). That’s a really nice deal on a package that includes:

• Arx Fatalis
  • Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (Tom’s favorite kicking simulator)
  • Dishonored : Definitive Edition (all DLC incl)
  • Dishonored 2
  • Dishonored : Death of the Outsider
  • Prey

If you’ve somehow managed to avoid owning/playing the Dishonored series and Prey up to now, this is a great price on almost everything. Sadly it does not contain the Mooncrash DLC for Prey (which is really good), but I’ve seen that for as little as $4.00 in recent sales.

Fanatical also has a Fanatical Favorites Build-A-Bundle live. Choose 2 games for $6.99, 3 for $9.99 or 5 for $14.99. Nothing really jumps out as an amazing find, but the selection does feature some decent values at $3.50 per game, including Barotrauma, Lethal League : Blaze, Graveyard Keeper, Praetorians HD Remaster (loved the original way back when), Commandos 2 HD Remaster (more nostalgia), Partisans 1941, Dead Island Definitive Edition and more.

It’s not even May the Fourth, but Fanatical has a Star Wars Collection Bundle that went live today. $20.99 nets you 14 Star Wars titles:

• Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
  • Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith
  • Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II
  • Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
  • Republic Commando
  • SW : Starfighter
  • The Clone Wars : Republic Heroes
  • The Force Unleashed : Sith Edition
  • The Force Unleased II
  • Dark Forces
  • Battlefront II (Classic)
  • Knights of the Old Republic
  • Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
  • Empire at War Gold Pack

This one’s been up for awhile, but it’s an amazing deal. The King’s Bounty Collector’s Pack is only $1.00!! and contains almost everything King’s Bounty including:

• King’s Bounty: Armored Princess
  • King’s Bounty: Crossworlds
  • King’s Bounty: The Legend
  • King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North - Valhalla Edition
  • King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North - Ice and Fire DLC

Only Darkside is missing, and you can always scoop that up on sale for cheap at another time.

Over at Humble Store they have a Railway Empire Complete Collection Bundle for $12 (top tier). You get Railway Empire and all 9 of its DLC in the top tier. That’s a bargain just for the DLC alone. In a weird add, you also get a 40% off coupon for Disciples : Liberation, which brings its price down to $22.79, a historic low.

OMG - an SM bargain post is my second favorite kind of S&M

Sam & Max being #1, right? ;-)

Hmm. Is that a historical low?

Library of Ruina was just $15 in the Steam summer sale, so that plus five other games and some Gwent stuff is a steal. If you grab this bundle, along with Ruina, definitely check out One Step From Eden - it’s basically the love child of Mega Man Battle Network and Slay the Spire.

One Step From Eden is really cool: I just wished it taught you its iconography in some way. Game requires a good, flexible, memory and big reflexes.

Absolutely. The previous low hovered around the $4.00 mark, which was still a great deal but nowhere near as awesome as a buck.

I’m a huge fan of the King’s Bounty series. While each game in the series sticks to the same basic design, there is enough difference in story, look and feel in each to make them worth playing, just maybe not all in a row. =)

Logged 206 hours on King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North - Valhalla Edition. Spend a dollar and get hundreds of hours of play. If you like this sort of thing then you can’t beat it.

Bundle at Fanatical with Valfaris and… Grand Mountain Adventure, already bundled? Ouch, poor devs.

Never heard of them, but both of those sound great.

Nomad survival is a great game like Vampire Survivors that I happily paid $2.99 that also came out in EA in April and is under development (could be plus or minus depending on how you view that).

For someone buying that bundle without having played them, which gave would you suggest they play?

Just a warning Kings Bounty does not work on Apple Silicon

Warriors of the North is the most recent in the original line of KB games (King’s Bounty 2 has been out for some time now, but is a different (and some would say not as good) experience, so for the most refined experience you could start there. Honestly though even the original (The Legend) holds up pretty well and is still a great game, and there is sort of a story/lore that extends through the series, so playing them in order has that small benefit. Have fun!

Fanatical has a new Build Your Own Triple Pack live that offers some pretty awesome games for $1 each. Pay $2.99 for any 3 titles:

• Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
  • Shadow Tactics : Blades of the Shogun
  • Morbid : The Seven Acolytes
  • Aragami
  • FAR : Lone Sails
  • Wayward Souls
  • Mindustry
  • Slain : Back from Hell
  • Bridge Constructor : Walking Dead

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, Mindustry, FAR, Slain and Shadow Tactics for $1 each? Ridiculous!

Another great offer is the Fanatical Star Deal today featuring Warhammer : Chaosbane - Slayer Edition for only $5.79 (85%). Slayer Edition contains the base game and all 12 DLC & Boost packs.

GreenManGaming’s Summer Sale Encore is live featuring the return of flash deals from all previous days of the sale and discounts on hundreds of titles. A couple of standouts I saw include:

• Symphony of War - $12.79 (36%) a historic low
  • Monster Hunter World - $12.75 (57%)
  • Monster Hunter Iceborne - $17.00 (57%)
  • Disciples : Liberation - $21.11 (47%) a historic low