Bargain Thread 2022

Haven’t played it yet, but it’s on my wish list. I really need to remember that I don’t need a wish list anymore for games. But it’s by Auroch Digital, the same company that’s done a bunch of Steve Jackson and Games Workshop conversions to PC. Generally speaking, the quality of their work has been decent; these aren’t triple A productions, but they’ve been good games. I think Tom may have said good things about Dark Future: Blood Red States before, and I tried that out and had a nice time with it.

This seems like a great deal for a really well-reviewed game that literally just came out this week:

That’s Rollerdrome, since the embed doesn’t seem to tell you:

Oh also, one of the best games of the year here for 30% off:

Seconded, that was delightful.

And even cheaper at the moment via Newegg!

Just a heads up that a couple excellent “Geometry Wars”-style games, Waves and Waves 2: Notorious, are now free on Steam. The lead dev, Rob Hale (SquidInABox) has passed away and their wish was for everyone to get to play their games. It should be noted Waves 2 is technically Early Access but won’t be truly finished. It’s still quite playable and good.

Story here:

Games here (VERY much worth playing for anyone who enjoys twin-stick shooters):

Age of Empires 4 has a free week through Sunday and $30 sale, new lowest price.

AOE4 is also now $26 on Gamesplanet for a Steam key.

They just announced the anniversary update coming with 2 new civilizations for free on Oct 25.

Anyone got an extra f1 2020 cd key from April’s humble bundle they want to sell? Meant to get out but that month I went to the hospital

Monkey Island Collection on Steam is on sale for a historical low of $5.06/85% off. This is a complete your collection bundle so you can pick up the ones you don’t have for a pretty good discount.

Note that if you have Amazon Prime, you probably already own everything except for Secret.

On a related note, if all you need are Secret of Money Island : Special Edition and Monkey Island 2 Special Edition : LeChuck’s Revenge, you can get both for $3.05 in Fanatical’s Daily Deal Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle.

Fanatical also has a new Diamond Collection Build Your Own Bundle live. 18 games to choose from at $14.99 for 3 titles, $18.99 for 4 or $21.99 for 5.
Decent options at roughly $5 each include:

• Banners of Ruin
  • Legend of Keepers
  • Battlefleet Gothic : Armada 2
  • Unity of Command 2
  • Dishonored 2
  • Fallout 4
  • Yaga
  • Kingdom Rush : Vengeance

$5 is a historic low price on nearly all of those titles.

Humble’s new Career Break Bundle is $15 and includes:

• Parkitect
  • Dinosaur Fossil Hunter
  • Project Hospital
  • Airport CEO
  • Model Builder
  • Not Tonight
  • Little Big Workshop

$15 matches a low for Parkitect, which is probably the best game in the bunch, so it’s like getting the rest for free.

Epic Games Store freebies have flipped.
Ring of Pain is a roguelike card-based dungeon crawler. Looks interesting.
If you own Destiny 2 you can also redeem the Destiny 2 Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack.

I’ve been eyeing Roundguard, which is supposed to be a good Peggle-like roguelite similar to Peglin.

I played Model Builder on my Steam Deck. It never occurred to me that playing a game about assembling little plastic models could be so much fun.

It’s not structured that way (unless that’s new). It’s level-based. I didn’t find Roundguard held my interest for long when I played it on Apple Arcade.

Severed Steel is today’s Star Deal (80% off, or 4.99 USD) on Fanatical.com. It’s very stylish although a bit harder to master than I thought it would be on normal settings.

Fanatical has a new build your own “strategy” bundle, at 3 for for $4.99, 5 for $7.99, 7 for $9.99

Games I’m pretty sure are solid picks

• Rebel Galaxy Outlaw: OK, I’m pretty sure this is a (very very good Brian Rubin approved) space shooter
  • Unity of Command: I got this in some other bundle but I hear this is a good strategy game
  • Astronarch: should be a solid autobattler - didn’t really click with me but I think I’m biased against the art style. There’s a big thread about it here on qt3 though
  • Monster Sanctuary: I played a bunch of this on GamePass but I hear there was a free DLC released for it. A solid game where you control a team of pokemon with side scroller view perspective

Probably Good picks?

• Iron Marines: Just got this for free on mobile, starcraft-ish by the kingdom rush folks. I think this version includes a lot of the DLC commanders though so that would be a deal
  • Fantasy General - Invasion: It’s the sequel to the old fantasy general game
  • Creeper World 1+2 Anniversary Edition: The series is up to like 4 now, so probably solid (although maybe just save the pennies and go straight to the end?)
  • Battle for Polytopia: I hear this is a very popular quick civ-lite strategy?

I don’t know about these others:

• Recon Control
  • Garbage
  • Dust to the End
  • Ultimate Zombie Defense
  • Red Ronin
  • Train Valley 2
  • Dead Vinland
  • Peaky Blinders Mastermind

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-strategy-bundle-3

Come for the combat, stay for the murder.

If game boxes still existed, that would be a prime game box quote!

Shadow of Mordor Complete/Definitive whatever and AC Origins, as well as a few other games, are free on Twitch for Prime members. Mordor is on GOG and AC Origins is of course on Uplay, assuming you’re one of the perhaps dozens of people (probably fewer here) who don’t have them already.

Decent ByoB.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-labor-day-bundle

Someone made a game about organizing your inventory! :D