Bargain Thread 2022

I always get lost with these bundles. I have to spend so much time researching so many unknown games that I give up and don’t bother. It’s sad, I know, but I’ve only so much time I want to dedicate to buying yet more games, even if there are some gems that I’m passing by.

Yep. The trick is to only buy games that someone else on the board was so passionate about, they create a thread and even that’s not enough, they start talking about it in other threads too, because they care and it’s on their minds.

Of course every once in a while you will find something like that yourself and spread the gospel.

That’s the best stuff! The ones that invoke the love.

Wartales is on sale at Nuuvem for $19.59, which is an all time low. It’s early access but seems to be progressing along well from the comments that I’ve read. There’s supposed to be a big content update sometime this month.

note: The Nuuvem page says the game does not activate for S America, Europe and Asia.

Crusader Kings III has a free weekend on Steam, and it’s in this month’s Humble Choice for $12 (which now includes everything, not X picks of Y games like it used to).

The QT3 CK3 thread is over here.

Humble Starlight bundle - a pretty random mix of space-ish games? $10, probably a Beat the Average and $1 tiers Starlight Children's Foundation Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

• Star Wars Force Unleashed ($10)
  • Lego Star Wars Complete Saga ($10)
  • Lego Star Wars III Clone Wars ($10)
  • a bunch of Pinball FX3: Marvel Season 1, Season 2, Star Wars Season 1, Star Wars Last Jedi
  • KOTOR2 (BTA)
  • Grim Fandango Remastered (BTA)
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered (BTA)
  • Colonial Marines Collection (BTA)
  • Lego Star Wars Force Awakens (BTA)
  • Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast (BTA)
  • KOTOR ($1)
  • Jedi Knight Jedi Academy ($1)
  • Full Throttle Remastered ($1)
  • Aliens vs Predator Collection ($1)

Some absolute classics from the Lucasarts side (KOTOR and KOTOR2, and I remember the Jedi Knight games fondly) Not sure how I feel about most of the things I haven’t played before - that’s the Pinball things and the Lego things, Force Unleashed and Colonial Marines (haha this was widely panned and is irredeemable/play Fireteam?)

Ubisoft+ is free for a month. looks like it also includes streaming through stadia / amazon thing.

I could have sworn we had a Ubisoft+ thread, but I can’t find it.

I installed Anno 2070, 2250, 1800 last night from U+.

It’s finally time to experience Anno!

Nintendo eshop sale: Deals - My Nintendo Store - Nintendo Official Site

Lots of stuff in there, some big discounts. XCom 2 collection for $8, Faeria premium $15, Spiritfarer $10…

The base game of The Sims 4 is going to be completely free starting October 18.

Beginning on October 18, 2022, The Sims™ 4 base game will be available to all new players to download for free* on PC via EA app or Origin™, Mac® via Origin, Steam®, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One systems.

With The Sims 4 going free to play, our team is more dedicated than ever to developing new and meaningful The Sims 4 experiences for our players and we will continue to develop and release packs, kits and Sims Delivery Express drops into the foreseeable future.

From September 14 through October 17, all players who have purchased The Sims 4 base game will receive the Desert Luxe Kit as a gift**. With the Desert Luxe Kit, Sims can relax in their modern oasis with luxurious indoor and outdoor furniture, inspired by the natural landscape of the Southwestern desert and materials like stone and wood. To redeem the Desert Luxe Kit, simply log into the game and it will be available in the main menu for you to claim.

Haha. The base game is a tiny percent of the content. It’s basically a demo

** Use of bathrooms in The Sims 4 will now require in-app purchases of toilet paper expendables.

That can only mean they are trying to squeeze expansion money out from new fans as they are ready to release the Sims 5, where everyone can buy the packs again.

Probably you are right. Paradox did the same with Crusader Kings 2.

Well…yeah? I mean, EA isn’t a non-profit, despite what their back page has looked like in some years. Business entities that make money selling stuff would like to sell more of that stuff.

Seems like a good price for a HOTAS: Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 Joystick for PS4 / PS5 / PC

$40 down from $99.

I had a predecessor of this one and while it wasn’t nearly as nice as the T1600(?) one I got later, it was great for the price.

Humble Total War

Yay or nay on this bundle?

1$ - Viking (Action RPG)
BTA - Medieval, Napoleon, Shogun
12ish$ - Empire, Medieval 2, Shogun 2 + DLC

Considering Medieval 2 and Napoleon own the most play time of any game all time for me for a non Paradox Studios release?

A big ‘fuck yeah’ from me.

One of my all time favorite gaming memories was discovering one of my priests in Medieval 2 was secretly female, then using every trick in the game to promote her (a missions trip to Timbuktu did wonders, as did the ‘choir boy’) up the ranks until I could… employ Russian window diplomacy to promote her to Pope.

Good times.

Shogun 2 is considered by some to be the peak of the series. I don’t know what the delta is between the average and $12, but both the DLCs are worth it, IMHO.

Damn, those are really nice prices on arguably the best pcie 3.0 SSD out there