Bargain Thread 2022

Need for Speed: Heat Deluxe , is on sale for $3.50 (usually $59) until October 11th.

I don’t know anything about this game, but that seems crazy. Is it some micro-transaction title, or is this a good deal?

I was intrigued - and then I checked my library. Turns out it was a Prime Gaming giveaway this July so you might already have it on the EA/Origin library instead of Steam.

Edit: It did also get me to watch a review - sounds like its a “solid reboot of the NFS franchise” so I’ll have to remember it next time I feel like a racing game…

Paladin’s Oath looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Deck games BYO bundle:
Build your own Play on the Go Bundle 2 | Fanatical

• 198X
  • American Fugitive
  • Blacksad
  • Blasphemous
  • Door Kickers
  • Far Lone Sails
  • Golf Club Wasteland
  • Horizon Chase Turbo %
  • Intravenous
  • Morbid
  • Mordheim
  • Nuts
  • Speed Limit
  • Styx Master of Shadows
  • Who’s Your Daddy
  • Yooka Laylee Impossible Lair %

% was available as an epic freebie

Humble has a new RPG Legends : Baldur’s Gate and Beyond Bundle live. Baldur’s Gate & Beyond is my favorite place to buy new towels…so soft and fluffy, also buy one kobold get one free this week only!.

$20 gets you Steam keys for:

• Pathfinder : Wrath of the Righteous
  • Neverwinter Nights Enchanced Edition: Complete Adventures
  • Baldur’s Gate EE
  • Baldur’s Gate II EE
  • Baldur’s Gate : Siege of Dragonspear
  • Baldur’s Gate Faces of Good and Evil
  • Planescape Torment EE
  • Icewind Dale EE
  • 25% Off Mythforce coupon (Humble Store)

For $10 you can get everything except Pathfinder : Wrath of the Righteous in the event you already own it but still want to collect all of the D&D Enhanced Edition games (and they are all fantastic).

Pretty sure Wrath of the Righteous was just $20 by itself on Steam so that’s a good price even if you don’t need the rest of it.

I’m embarrassed to say I’ve never played Planescape Torment. I might have to at least do the $1 for that. Tempting to go all in for Wrath of the Righteous, but then I never did manage to finish the first one.

You should look in the giveaway thread:

Pathfinder has been dropping recently and has dipped down to $16 so far:

I tried once. Didn’t see what all the fuss was about.

Speaking as someone that played it when it originally came out, I never really understood what all the fuss was about, but to each their own. I just wanted a good outer planes D&D game, and whatever its strengths it is certainly not that.

At the time, Planescape Torment was completely different from any other RPG. There was just nothing like it.

I’ve finished it three times now and I still have no idea of what can change the nature of a man.

But I do remember - Don’t trust the skull.

But they said specifically what can change the nature of a man! Or maybe that’s missable?

I think they talked about it a lot without specifically saying anything?

But then I also managed to miss the mecha world in all three playthroughs.

Humankind has a free weekend and $25 sale on Steam. It’s also $21 on GamesPlanet US and $21.5 on Fanatical.

That is absolutely true.

No, I remember the answer to that question, for the “good” Nameless at least, being pretty explicit in the game. When you answer Ravel yourself, it’s your answer.

You can choose your answer, but I’ve seen people argue that the correct answer (due to the overall narrative of the game) would be regret.

On the other hand, the Nameless One says himself:

If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can.

That first one is the “good” Nameless’ answer, what changed him. What you tell Ravel is your answer, the player, playing the role of the Nameless One. And the last bit is the truth, that meaningful change comes from desire and strength of will, and while all those other answers are true, but don’t encompass the totality of the truth.

Such a great game.