Bargain Thread 2023

Boardgaming, but AEG us running a nice sale with daily deals through May 21:

Today’s deal on the Alderac website is the “Mystery Box”. I was actually kind of tempted, but decided there wasn’t enough stuff that they publish that I want to make it a good gamble.

I will say that although the main sale page says $50, once I put it in my cart it was $40, and even with tax and shipping came to just under $50 total.

So if anyone does buy it, you have to post here and say what you got!

I actually bought it because I’m a sucker.

My guess is that it is a gift card for a higher value, but who knows. I don’t have a ton of AEG games and am interested in Space Base, Dead Reckoning and Cubitos - so I will see how it shakes out

OMFG BLOODY RALLY SHOW YOU GUYS.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle

Oh, and a bunch of other games I suppose. ;)

BIYF?

Edit: some quality games in that bundle, namely:

Bloody Rally Show of course
Chronicon
Cultist Simulator
Ghost of a Tale
Metro Redux

This one is also fucking fantastic.

How is that space game? It’s says it’s an action game? Between the Stars?

It was in Early Access last I checked. Don’t know if it’s still being developed.

I have early access for Between the Stars. It was a neat idea, but I am not sure if the state of it today.

Basically, you have a third person view of a small capital ship, and is you your mouse to target your guns and or Missiles (which track to your mouse pointer).

The missions were interesting, with finding stuff, and than there would be dice roll to see what happens next. Very random, as these situations can give you positive and negative perks.

Last time I played, I only had access to three different ships, although lots of equipment.

Not sure what progress has been made on it.

Has Itch.io improved how the bundles show up on the app? Do you still have to go and claim each single one separately to add them? If so, I might skip this bundle and just give straight to the charities instead.

Titles in this bundle include puzzle game A Good Snowman is Hard to Build, roguelike stealth furniture eating simulator Not the Robots and eco-adventure Gibbon: Beyond the Trees (pictured above), to name but a few. Here’s the link to the whole lot.

I don’t think so, but people have posted various scripts to autoclaim the games. I forgot which one I used, but it did work with a little bit of effort.

Humble has a new Capcom bundle. Top tier is expensive at $30, but seems like a decent deal if you don’t already own and want the main 3 games.

• Monster Hunter Rise
  • Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
  • Other stuff (Mega Mans, Lost Planet 3 Complete, other previously bundled things)

Also, Fanatical has a free Steam key for Hotshot Racing. Even if you already own or don’t want it, you’ll get a 5% discount code good until 5/31.

Thanks, picked up Hotshot Racing, fancy some 80s style driving.

Epic Store sale on. Seems to be a 25% coupon on top of their sale discounts? Returnal gets down to $36 before tax…

Oh you get more than one coupon? That does sound cool…

Metro: Last Light Complete is free on Steam until 5/25.

Fanatical has a new bundle that includes Fates of Ort (QT3 thread), which looks like an old school Ultima and has been on my wishlist.

The minimum tier is 3 choices for $4.99, which is cheaper than the historical low for Fates, but I’m not familiar with any of the other games. Reddit suggested Void Scrappers (Vampire Survivors like in space, but rated “Terrible” by our @Hereafter), Depths of Sanity (metroidvania), and Kiwi Clicker (clicker game).

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-breakout-bundle

I never really got back to Fates, but it’s one of those games I continually think about going back to! That has to count for something, right?

I take it that the Complete version has some DLC included? I know I bought a two game Bundle from Steam at some point with the first two metro games.

Hm sorry no clue, but apparently there is a newer Redux version that includes all DLC and updated graphics. Looks like we got it for free from Epic, so might as well play that version instead.

The bundle I got also had the Redux versions. I’ll check out the Steam offering to see if that “Complete” version offers something extra.

Edit: when I hit the button to “add to library” I get a message that it was unable to connect to the Steam server. At least on mobile Steam for Android.

Newegg has $10 off the Xbox Series digital code for Diablo IV. Ordering from the Xbox store (if you have Game Pass Ultimate, and therefore EA Play) only gives you 10% off, which makes the standard game $63. So this way I can save $3 more.

On the other hand, I think this way I have to pay tax maybe? On Xbox since I’m buying from already existing currency in my account, I don’t have to pay tax.