Bargain Thread 2023

I’m sorry mate, I guess you could play without rotating the camera I guess?

You’re in luck! For an extra $99.99 per month, @BrianRubin will come to your home and rotate the camera for you while you play. Now there’s no excuse not to own Warhammer 40K : Inquisitor - Martyr Definitive Rubinized Edition!

RIYF - Rotate it…

Worth mentioning this game is online only. Game is 5 years old and before the sale averaging a couple hundred players a day. It’s definitely giving me pause.

Whatever it is doing with the servers, actual multiplayer is peer to peer as I had demonstrated when playing with my friend took around 1 minute to load each map and about 5 seconds when I was playing solo.

You definitely can’t. Well, not if you want to see yourself on the screen.

Wait sorry what happened?

Ugh, I’m sorry.

Ghostwire: Tokyo is free if you have Amazon Prime. I don’t really know anything about it, but it’s a $60 game with “Very Positive” reviews on Steam. Activates on Epic.

link: Prime Gaming

Thank you

Tinykin just got bundled for the first time.
Wonderful game if anyone likes collectathon 3d platformers.

You can pick it up and 2 … other things … in this 10$ fantatical build a bundle:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle

Some good games in that bundled, not only Tinykin (which I also recommend), but The Evil Within 2, Frostpunk, Fallout 4, Wytchwood, Pathologic 2…

Just get a spindle and mount your monitor on that. Spin at will and leave the camera alone! Plus when you drill holes in it and then spin it you get this cool trippy effect. Woah man!

Is this Brian-Rubin-Warhammer40k-game fun as a single-player-just-one-playthrough-game, Brian Rubin? : ) I am not into ARPGs and hence don’t care for character-building-item-stuff. I like them just for their camera angle and clicky gameplay. When set in a cool world with a nice story… I could spend 9 EUR.

I’ve played it solo 99% of my time with it.

The developers actually put out a statement in regards to this, due to speculation among the community. Now their word is only worth so much… but the developers said they plan to add an offline mode in the future for the eventual day that the online backend ceases to exist.

That would be nice. I bought it with the idea of playing it on Steam Deck while traveling, but then refunded when it turned out to be online only.

They “have plans to add an offline mode sometime in the near future”:

I guess I’ll bite then. Thanks!

Inquisitor sale ends tomorrow!

I normally stick to digital purchases for games, but it’s worth noting that Amazon’s current sale has a couple of Switch physical releases for less than I’ve ever seen the digital version:

Fire Emblem Engage for $30

Bayonetta 3 for $37

Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon for $34

Mario & Rabbids: Sparks of Hope for $20

And cross-posting from the cozy game thread:

Many of these are already on Game Pass and/or PS+, and this isn’t the first time they’ve been available for $20. But this is the first time I’ve seen Rune Factory 5 for under $30.

And on the rest, this is a genre that I feel benefits more from portability than it does from extra graphics power, so the Switch is a good home for them if you’ve been thinking about trying one. That especially goes for Rune Factory 4 Special. As I mentioned, that’s the consensus pick for the peak of the series in terms of gameplay and content, but it’s still a remaster of a 3DS game, and the lower-poly models and blurry textures are more of a distraction on a giant TV than on a handheld screen.

Rune Factory 5 for $20

Rune Factory 4 Special for $20

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town for $20

Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town for $20

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin for $20

Spiritfarer for $20

Harvestella for $30