Bargain Thread for Hardware?

Twenty-three inches? What is it, 2003?

Hey, it’s only $90, you could use it as a footrest if you really wanted!

If I had the room, A 23" in portrait mode for a secondary monitor would be helpful. The mount probably costs more than the monitor :)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p

Now down to $349 (sign in to see the discount). 27", 1440p, GSync.

Just for fun, post what you are thinking about buying on Black Friday. Assuming a good sale comes up. Anything?

Nest hello doorbell.
Considering a Google Home Max - expensive so would like a good sale.
Will keep an eye out for good PC component prices even though I keep putting off my new build.

May I suggest keeping an eye on this page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/new/

Some places have had their (increasingly inaccurate) Black Friday sales going for a couple of weeks already, so I’m mostly done. Picked up a Shield TV and an HDHomeRun for the telly, and a new graphics card for the PC.

Costco will be selling iPads for $250 on Thanksgiving Day only, so I intend to grab one of those for a present. And I’m in the market for a new monitor, but am in no hurry to buy. And that’s it, unless something unexpected pops up and screams ‘Buy me!’

Already bought a PS4 for 199

On the fence, but leaning no on a Google Home Hub (I seriously hate how verbose Google Home is). May look into a Smart thermostat or an M2 SSD. Outside of that I already picked up a new chef’s knife (Wirecutter’s budget pick dropped to $30).

I heard Newegg is getting scummy. What’s everyone got to site for tech these days? Especially third party unlocked phones.

Yes. Ask google what the weather is. Takes forever.

“Today’s weather in YOURLOCATION is going to be 69 high 40 low with a slight chance of rain”

Like you seriously have to tell me today, and the location? I know it’s for today and for my location, I live here and I just asked you.

That is an insane deal if you have a workflow benefitting from a ton of CPU cores. Certainly not for gaming.

The GF wants one of these so this will be our Black Friday buy. Her Nook tablet crapped out. She has an iPhone and an Apple Watch so she wants an Apple tablet now.

Nothing else I want that I’ve seen so far. I’m interested in VR but it’s too expensive still.

I’ve been on the lookout for this iPad and it appears the same deal will be in effect at both Wal-Mart and Target - and the Wal-Mart deal is going live online at 10 PM Wednesday evening, so you don’t even have to go out to get it.

The various ads describe the iPad slightly differently - some say 9.7", some say 6th gen but I’m 99% sure they are all referencing the same model (i.e., the 32 MB version that’s regularly $329).

I normally don’t shop Wal-Mart but I may see if I can buy it online and then pick it up at the store. I was hoping to pick one up before Friday because we are going on a short trip then and she’d like to have it for the trip.

Cross posted from one of the PS4 threads:

Just scored psvr Astro Bot bundle at Fred Meyer for 99.99. Ask them to ring it up, even if they think it is 199. It should ring at 119 then there’s a $20 coupon.

If you buy something else to go over 150, coupon is 30.

Wow. Where’d you get the coupon? Gotta check my local Freddie’s I guess.

I think it is in the current circular. I didn’t have a physical copy or anything. The salesperson was the one who mentioned it and scanned something to apply it.

When I went up to the register, I thought I was getting it for 199-30 (which I was very happy about), but it rang up at 119.

I missed the bundle for 199 at Black Friday and all I was hoping for was the same deal. Never expected better.

Thanks for the reply. Tempting. So does PSVR only work on games designed for it, or can any first person game benefit somewhat (if you don’t hurl, that is)?