Batman: Arkham City

Super stupid name but the game will hopefully be amazing like the original.

Why is Catwoman wearing high heels?

Because Catwoman wears high heels.

As someone who doesn’t much like open-world games, I completely agree. They might have been more original than another “Arkham” game but I’m glad they didn’t try to tackle all of Gotham city – I fear that would end with a watered-down mess.

mmmmmmmmmmmm BATMANG

I love open world games and I would be very interested in a Batman game that is open world, but not as a sequel to Arkham Asylum. I’d rather they stick with what worked there (but more, better, bigger) and just get some other developer to do an open world game that is just completely separate except for the common core Batman license.

I get why a true open-world wouldn’t really work here. I guess I just want something a little more open than Arkham Asylum was. If we’re going to be out in Gotham (which is awesome), I hope there’s be at least a little run-of-the-mill Batman stuff. If Gotham is just turned into a big version of the Asylum, what worked at the smaller scale may end up feeling too contrived.

I guess I still want the game I wanted 15 years ago, when I imagined getting mission alerts on the Batcave computer, choosing equipment loadouts, and racing to the scene of the crime in whatever Bat-vehicle was best for the job. I know this won’t be that game, and that it shouldn’t be that game. But I still want that game.

Oh, I still want that game, too, believe me. We almost got it from Pandemic, but I hope someone takes up that cause again at some point.

I just want to be able to stand on top of a building eave and look down on the city.

There is a wide selection of great games they could make. I hope they don’t make the mistake of trying to hit all of them.

Stick to what made Arkham great. Tactical stealth combat in amazing detailed open environments. Make it as big as you can while retaining the detail of the first game. Increased size with less detail is not progress.

And add plenty of twisted amusements in the city. Let us see what the inmates do when they are loose (hopefully not stand around in alleyways and wait for batman to show up), and what we can save the citizens from.

Definitely a different direction with Catwoman. Very much like the one seen in Gotham City Sirens.

Black and white, chain-bondage Catwoman hanging upside down seems very familiar. Like she’s going to tell Batman, “Nice job breaking it, hero.”

Those cover designs are inspired. Love them.

I notice it is “Games For Windows” and not “Games For Windows Live” - hope they integrate Steamworks into it now that they are ditching Live.

Batman is the only GFWL game that I could never get to connect to Live anyway. I tried a million different things recommended on the GFWL forums, but none of them worked. Every other GFWL game connects just fine. But apparently my router doesn’t play nice with whatever Batman: AA tries to do.

Funny thing is, I tried a completely different router (an older one) when my newer router died and had the exact same problem.

For those concerned about the possible GTA style of the game, I think given the previous game, their Gotham City would function more like the Zelda overworld. I could very much see Batman following leads throughout the city, chasing down contacts and noted criminals to interrogate in addition to his detective mode. It seems like the complement to what they were doing in the first game by trying to make you be Batman.

I’m not sure these two sentences go together, since the Catwoman in Gotham City Sirens is the main universe, in continuity Catwoman, meaning this isn’t a different direction at all.

Let there be a Batmobile and let it be good.

There was already a Batmobile.

Barely.