Batman: Arkham Knight

Back to Rocksteady in charge!

The Batmobile is finally a core element of the gameplay. An entirely new area of Gotham City, far larger than Arkham City, has much wider streets to accommodate the new driving gameplay that is designed to integrate smoothly with Batman’s gliding and grappling traversal. Batman chases down super villains Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and more.

This will probably be the push I need to get a next-gen console.

Site’s up too!

Plus, a better look at the new Batmobile:

That’s hot shit.

And a link straight to the trailer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuD0Inb9Gs
(non-gameplay at this point, of course)

Come on, the exact same villain list? So bored.

I didn’t play the non-Rocksteady one, so I don’t know who was in that, but who’s left that hasn’t been used?

It’s not like Batman hasn’t been fighting the same main villains throughout his career, right?

He used to just fight mobsters, he could go back to doing that.

Exactly.

I’m fine with him fighting whomever. Much more interested to see how the game is executed and what Rocksteady is able to bring back to the table with the franchise.

Feeling kinda meh on the prospect of another Arkham game. I’ll play it – and probably like it – but be glad this is (presumably) the last one.

This game is gonna cost me $600 once I factor in new console cost. Dammit.

I had my fingers crossed for a mind-controlled Superman being one of Hugo Strange’s last tricks in Arkham City. Maybe that’d be a good trick for this game since it’s the “finale” (and there are plenty of other villains they could use to mind-control him somehow).

So happy it’s PC and next-gen only.

The combat bores me in these games but the rest has always been awesome (not saying I have a better solution, and part of it is my lack of caring about stringing together combos or not getting hit). I’ll probably have to give this one a shot.

Finally, Batmobile action!

It is a spaceship rocket with wheels, so you should like it!

I’ve always been a fan of the Batmobile since the 60s TV show. :) Yes, the atomic batteries and rocket engine likely help. ;)

I’ll second being thankful this game won’t have the baggage of last gen versions for the developer to deal with.