Batman: Gotham Knights - Bat-buddies

Better run, better run, faster than my bullets!

I think it was a bad design decision not allowing you to switch characters in a given night, having to return to the belfry to do so sucks. There is a door at the top though to get in, I checked!

Having the other 3 characters run around the city as NPC’s as you play your main would have been cool, as they could have found crimes and or called you for backup. Plus it would have explained how they are gaining XP by sitting at home. :P

Also they really dropped the ball not giving the batcycle any upgrades, other than color changes. It makes it an even more boring a transportation method. Once I find a way to unlock fast travel, I’ll probably end up using that 99% of the time.

Some screens, I don’t think there are any spoilers here…

Yeah I mostly play Batgirl as my main. :P

I do like the summary screen at end of night, here I was working towards my cape upgrade. So extra punching and crime solving that evening.

Best upgrade ever!

An outfit change was a good choice imho. Batwoman from here on!

Heroic pose and some city, I have really grown to like the city’s feel.

Found a door!

It’s sorta cool the GCPD shows up and EMT’s after you save someone.

Few spoiler ones:

why are you not fast travelling when returning to the belfry?

I was not aware that was an option yet. D:

I read online there are drone things you have to scan that unlock fast travel locations.

You know I’ve probably spend a half hour trying to find the right side of the tower where the door is to get in every night. :|

fast travel to the belfry is unlocked from the start…

Sigh… I probably missed a info message for that.

Anyway, I bet a whole lot of people will never find that door! :D

I only played a single night, but I found the door and didn’t realize I could fast travel over there!

Of course, as soon as I spent a few minutes figuring out how to enter, and was in the Belfry, a tip popped up telling me I could always fast travel there. 🤦‍♂️

Another thing that is easy to miss, there are some contained missions you have to kick off from inside the Belfry instead of finding them by leaving. I had some missions that I was way over leveled for because I had missed that.

Why does this game look so graphically/stylistically dull compared to the eleven year old Arkham City?

Yeah the Digital Foundry comparison shots between Arkham Knight and this game were really stark and well chosen for similarity comparisons.

It reminded me that I should go back and finish Arkham Knight. It’s still an amazing looking game, even though it came at the very beginning of the Xbox One/PS4 generation.

I am thinking its just the size of the map, and not being able to make everything look cool at all times?

Also its not Rocksteady’s amazing graphics designers.

Hmm , I am really enjoying the interior areas, some good fights going on there.

Also using the smoke bomb to quick grapple escape and re-attack an area is so much fun.

Chests in this game are still dumb, but it is what it is. Overall I am really starting to like combat, and the elemental stuff which I thought I’d hate , I have come to really like.

Still playing mostly as Batwoman.

Some of the suits really are really well done.

The more I play and as the story progresses, I am thinking some of the sub-7 scores were uncalled for. If I was a reviewer right now at the 18 hour played mark this is a solid 7.

The biggest mistakes imho are the bike being so boring and having zero offensive abilities and rooftop traversal being not as good as it was in Arkham Knight. Also grapple doesn’t seem to work as well as I’d like, it needs like 20 feet more distance.

I thought I’d never get use to not having a proper counter button, but I’ve come to love the perfect dodge and follow up system.

Looks like a mod is out for the batcycle speed being so damn slow.

Also a better rain mod:

The Batgirl bike looks chunky in movement and feel like an incomplete fan mod.

The better rain mod with fog, is a must imho.

The bike really does suck, I wonder who the specific masochist developer was who put the street races in for the bike.

tl;dr wait for a sale. There are performance issues right now.

That’s a video review with a bunch of talking over random play footage. Classic example of something that should be typed rather than spoken.

This is good game but this game is not build for low end system and please try to change your game settings to low end system

Welcome dorematrix, for a hot take on just how not good Gotham Knights is check out the Zero Punctuation review he posted up today.

Oh hey cool I haven’t watched ZP in years.