Batman-The Animated Series

It is. Just don’t get the initial release which was heavily censored.

By the way, I never really found Superman as nearly as interesting or compelling as the Batman series (for all sorts of reasons).

That being said, “The Prometheon” is one of my all-time favorite episodes.

— Alan

I’d like to use this opportunity to recommend Kevin Smith’s Fatman on Batman podcast. This far he has interviewed Paul Dini, Mark Hamill, Tara Strong (Batgirl) and Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn). The episodes are basically laid back conversations about Batman: TAS, Batman in general and comic books and cartoons in general. I especially love it when the voice actors occasionally start doing their voices!

Edit:
Who knew Hello Kitty, Twilight Sparkle, and Batgirl all had the same voice actress? :)

While he is only 5 going on 6 he is very clever, at school working more as a 7 year old however the understanding isn’t my issue really, just don’t want him getting scared, he can be confused about the storyline and I explain it which is what happens in Clone Wars and he Gets it.

Superman idea sounds good but he hasn’t shown any interest in superheroes at all just Clone Wars then along came Lego batman 2 and he wants Batman, maybe when we get to the Superman part he will want Superman.

Anyways I will watch it myself and as suggested pick the episodes that suit.

Good news. The next series will have Alfred with guns.

Don’t even get me started…

Damn, that was a fairly impressive rant in that link. Well deserved based on that description of Beware the Batman.

The voice actors from TAS recreating the newest Dark Knight Rises Trailer.

I thought it was pretty cool. Above and beyond what was necessary to promote a little marathon.

Just got my copy of the volume 2 soundtrack from my comic store guy who picked it up at the con for me. Woo! Remember it goes on sale today if you wanted to order it online. My email said it’s at 1:00 pm PST.

FYI, The Hub (a cable channel, check your provider for channel listing) is airing a Batman:TAS marathon from 4-9 PM tomorrow in anticipation of The Dark Knight Rises’ worldwide opening Friday night.

We have pizza and beer lined up and will be watching the whole thing. They have a promo video on youtube, in which they got the actual voice actors for Batman and Catwoman to voice lines from a Dark Knight Rises trailer.

Edit: Oops, sorry. Didn’t see that post above. Still… 4-9 PM. :)

Oh man, I wish I had the Hub just for that, Guapo. Hopefully it’ll end up online.

Totally jealous, Wholly. I still have to pick mine up from my friend who went to Comic-Con.

Also, you can watch the first season on the internets…

http://www.thewb.com/shows/batman-the-animated-series/

The first season/volume is good, but is the weakest. Volumes 2 and 3 are where the actions at.

Can’t say I agree with that assessment. The intros to Two-Face, Mr Freeze and Clayface are some of my very favorites. Even the smaller episodes like P.O.V and The Grey Ghost are stone classics in my opinion. They’re all fantastic, but for my money, Volume 1 is the strongest of the bunch. I can’t say I was much a fan of the Joker episodes, but the ones with Harley are much improved for it.

It’s funny, every few years I get the itch to start watching Batman TAS from the start. As you progress through the seasons and movies (Phantasm, Sub Zero), the style and tone changes, especially as new characters are introduced, but I’m not sure I ever compare them in terms of “better” or “worse”. To me, they’re all good, just different.

And I usually keep going from there, to Superman TAS (and the awesome World’s Finest teamup), Batman Beyond and Justice League. While it’s obviously not one continuous story, it still ends up feeling like an awesome, epic journey from a noir throwback to something else entirely.

I can’t wholly disagree with you, but I can’t wholly agree either. ;) Those are awesome eps though.

They kinda are, since they’re all in the “Timmverse” as they call it, and heck, the true finale to Batman Beyond is in Justice League Unlimited. ;)

Yeah, that whole arc of JLU was wonderful, and “Epilogue” was a great way to cap it, providing some closure for Batman Beyond as well as ties to Phantasm.

I finally got my copy of the Batman: The Animated Volume 2 soundtrack today. HOLY CRAP this music is awesome, and there’s so much of it! I can see why it’s $60 now. Here’s hoping it sells well enough for a volume 3!

Why every single network doesn’t do this is a mystery.