Batman-The Animated Series

I watched parts on my TV, and the quality was definitely HD. It just auto-renewed for the month, so I’ll watch these instead of switching discs for the time being. I just like having the Blu Rays for archival purposes.

That’s kinda where I am: I want the discs for archival purposes (and I just try not to think about how plastic media isn’t nearly as permanent as we imagine), but I’d rather watch something digital for convenience most of the time.

I almost bought them all on iTunes tonight when I realized the Vudu code was for standard definition, but as far as I could tell, there may not actually be any digital versions available anywhere of the remastered version they did for the Blu-rays.

I’ve only watched Heart of Ice, but my jaw is on the floor. I’ve never seen it look this good.

Not related to the Blu-Ray release, but some fans may enjoy this:

Vudu worked with WB to “upgrade” the digital copies to HD—I got an email with a new code yesterday and sure enough, now I have digital copies of the complete series, Phantasm, and Sub-Zero.

I’m not sure if it’s exactly the same as the version on the Blu-ray discs, I don’t know if these are all from the same HD remaster source, but at a glance it looked great. Brightness and volume were different but that could be entirely down to my TV settings and the fact that I was switching between my Apple TV for the digital version and Xbox for the Blu-ray.

I still wish the codes had been iTunes, or allowed you to choose where you redeemed them, but I can live with the Vudu app on my Apple TV. Glad they addressed this.

Oh wow, that’s awesome! Who would I contact about this upgrade? I haven’t actually redeemed my code yet.

I have no idea, maybe Vudu customer support? I’m assuming it was because I had redeemed my code that I got the update.

For fans in the Seattle area… Batman: The Animated Striptease

Not a burlesque follower so no idea what the quality of this will be, but I have a friend who’s in it and it sounds like all the actresses are huge fans of the series.

Ah, I thought you had requested it via VUDU. I just redeemed my code and got the HD copies also. Thanks again!