Battle Brothers Hits Early Access

Need to turn your mic volume up a smidge. :)

That’s pretty cool, I’m going to hire one if I see them to see if they come with any special talents.

Also, you’ll probably want more than 12 guys at some point. I usually keep one in the reserves so if one guy gets hurt badly I can move him to the reserve row where he can heal up without risk and having to fight and drag down all the other’s performance. It’s also good to rotate guys in and out once you have very high and very low level brothers in your company to even out the levels. Of course the minus to having more than 12 is the maintenance costs.

I do normally turn the music off on games when I’m recording, which makes a huge difference and is probably what’s the problem here, I suspect. Bummer.

They said as soon as they finish balancing the current update version and adding in a few more small, quality of life things they will release it. I figure than means maybe later in March? Pretty soon in any case.

Using Wardogs with a Houndmaster enusres that the Wardog comes in at Confident morale.

The Wardog AI results in the Wardog attacking the closest opponent, something to take into account if you want the dog go after a ranged unit. Having armored Wardogs is worth the money as an unarmored Wardog can get one-shotted by many foes.

I tend to release them when a unit has broken and is fleeing since the dog can run the unit down and pin it, and a foe with broken morale is less likely to kill the dog before a BB can catch up.

Oh, I was under the impression that 12 was the max. At least I’m pretty sure I’ve seen 12/12 in the GUI somewhere…

Is there a grimroire that talks about the backgrounds of each monster? I saw the wiki but that’s just about how to beat them and I don’t want to cheat myself out of learning on my own. For instance, when things happen like “feasted” besides growing bigger I don’t know what that means from the nacheherzer thingie.

Nope, 20 is the max. 12 is the max you can carry into battle. The other 8 slots are for reserves, troops that are healing up, etc. The first two rows are your battle lines (troops appear in battle how you arrange them on those 2 lines). That third line is only for troops in reserve and they will not appear in battle.

Where does it show renown level? It shows I need 1,050 renown to become professional level but not how much I have.

It’s on the “Factions and Relations” screen (at the top) hover your mouse over it to see your score.

Ahhhh hahaha thanks! I never would have done that :)

Where do I buy hounds from? I have not seen a shop in a town yet.

Kennels are pretty uncommon.

Kennels are where you can buy armored wardogs. Some markets sell unarmored wardogs.

I can’t seem to beat these damn necrosavants! I have like 6 guys with 2 tile axes and polearms, but they miss most of the time. If I could hit the damned things it wouldn’t be a real problem. I keep losing 3-4 dudes in these battles. :(

How do I enter buildings on the world map? My cursor changes to a finger, but I am unable to go inside.

Settlements, Keeps, etc. have nearby out buildings that you can’t enter. They are there for flavor and to let you know more about the economy of the population center. You can enter the population centers that are marked by a standard.

It figures, the kennel was in the one town I hadn’t visited yet. ;)

Completed a mission to recover a religious item for a priest and fought some ancient undead to get it. Also found this chalice (after defeating the dead) which is the by far the most valuable loot I’ve seen yet. Apparently, the town is elated to have their religious symbol back so they’re willing to pay more than the darn thing is worth!

Do any of the towns have places that repair weapons/armor? I would have thought that the armory does repairs, but I guess not.