Battle Brothers Hits Early Access

Alps.

Hate them.

Sheesh. That’ll teach me to ask anything about a game in a game forum again.

And Tom just went to bat for you people that this place was better than dismissive BGG posters!

Like I said, if you’d actually come here looking for advice or asking a real question my tone would have been different.

You came here with both barrels loaded, declaring your disdain for the game that we are all enjoying enough to be in a thread discussing it specifically, and announced you are quitting the game in the same post. I assume you weren’t looking to be dissuaded?

Plus, if you don’t like my response, others did give you some help. Focus on that.

Thank you for a real reply.

Is there any online resource that explains this stuff? The developer videos are sparse, and no major game site or gamefaqs has a strategy section for it that I can find.

I think I found a really good one in the Steam Community. I would check the pinned stuff at the top of the Discussion.

yes sir!

Search for “Fritz’s treatise” or something like that.

He wrote a pretty good guide that is still mostly relevant with the new DLC as far as I can tell, covering fundamentals such as how to spec your soldiers out, which roles to give them and why.

Ofcourse the DLC/patch brought in some tweaks to various perks but the guide is more than enough to get you started.

Also check out a thread in the steam forums called “this roster can beat anything” or something like that. Has good advice.

So you go after Scott and the rest of QT3 while entirely ignoring the nice post I wrote up for you?

Ninjamoon posted this guide in the Steam Community discussion. It has not been optimized for the new DLC but I found this guide helpful, along with Fritz’s Treatise.

Along the road…

The mercenaries encounter a group of men whipping a man they have hung upside down from a tree branch. They claim they caught the man having relations with one of the men’s dead horse. The mercs cut the man down, as is their won’t, and he joins the band.

Welcome aboard indeed, horse whore. The brothers immediately begin calling him Wolfgang the Filly Fiddler. They hope his antics are behind him now…

hahahahahaha.

I had something similar happen, LOL, but it wasn’t a horse. Cough.

Likewise.

But I can’t wait for this dude:
HlhRL7I

There is another way this can go down if you have a merc with the “flagellant” background…

Can we get the title of this thread changed as the game is long out of EA and the EA designation may dissuade some people from checking out the game/thread?

Another wipe! Found a pack of undead being controlled by a necromancer! Spooky! I guess I’m supposed to kill the necromancer but I couldn’t get to him. Oh well. An opportunity to try again! I’m finding the game very addictive.

Another question! Is there a way to see the skills associated with a weapon other than by equipping it? For example when deciding what to buy. The spear, by example, has a +10 to hit bonus as the primary skill, but theres no way to know that without equipping it. Unless there is and I can’t find it.

This game needs a proper manual.

I’m not sure. Maybe the wikia might be the way to go.

Also - remember you can play without iron-man ;)

I know. If I was deep enough in I would probably reload. But if it’s the first week or so, I’ll just restart and experiment with early game strategies.

I assume those events still fire but I haven’t encountered one yet.

I was able to use one dire wolf pelt to create armor for my dog at the taxidermist for 50 G, armor normally costs 200 G, so winning!

Bummer, the patch released yesterday breaks the seeds.

“Changed how random seeds are handled to solve some issues. Unfortunately, this breaks map seeds once more. This has no effect on existing saves.”

Funny thing is the only thing I’ve ever been able to make is dog armor.

I mean, dog armor is awesome, but getting to a taxidermist with crazy monster parts and seeing… nothing was kind of disappointing. Just the wolf pelts/Unhold or whatever dog armors. Apparently that’s all you can ever make?