Battle Brothers Hits Early Access

The 1st recipe I ran across was for some poison, was broke so I didn’t make any. Then the dog armour, nothing since.

The recipes need other components to mix and match and will only be displayed if ALL the components are in the cart.

Which is kinda of a bummer.

I’ve made the poison, antidote and dog armor. I’ve got a ton of gossamer, but I’m not sure what it is good for.

Well at least I know that now. I was just selling things eventually since nothing ever seemed to happen.

If you get part of the recipe it really should pop on the list imo, so you have some idea.

I’m betting they don’t bother to give you anything that isn’t somehow a component.

Anyone else think the new enemies make other traits/systems of the game more important (i.e. Resolve/Initiative for Mercs other than the front liners)? Maybe I was just playing it wrong (lol) but fighting Alps and the other new monsters has really made me diversify my trait investment (no more just Fatigue, Melee/Ranged Atck and Melee/Ranged defense, depending on Merc, with only the Bannerman and Sergeant getting maxed Resolve).

I read in the Steam discussion for BB that 1 Throwing net + 1 gossamer + 100gc = Reinforced throwing net (-15% chance to break out).

And two spider silk [gossamer] + Glowing resin +450g → Light padding Replacement (Armor mod [armor fat cost - 20%])

With the various enhancements, it’s possible to diversify the points increase now. I’m finding myself putting points into Resolve on level ups as well.

Thanks. I found out that Glowing Resin and Schratt Heart gives you an awesome shield

@cicobuff - Some of the new enemies really seem to increase the need for Resolve.

What other traits are you putting points into? I’m doing all resolve, health, melee/range and melee defense.

I mean probably not, but apparently the gossamer takes like… a net. So if you don’t buy a net you’ll never know what it’s used for. I’d rather the recipes appear so you have some idea what you’re supposed to be looking for.

Their style seems more along the lines of the Taxidermist charging you some money for the recipes, so you then knew what to bring him.

I’m not sure Nine Lives is working properly or it may be that I don’t understand how it works. But I’ve had two brothers with that perk who went down during battle. I thought the perk resulted in a bro going down but appearing after the battle alive but severely damaged.

Maybe they both sustained two killing blows in the same battles or else they had their heads stove in. They definitely were not decapitated.

Or I could be confusing it with the Survivor trait.

My current run ended.

I had a quest to find Webknechts near a town. i wadered around in circles, nothing happened for 5 days, canclled the contract.

Then the same town said to go find Unholds, so I did.

i found 2 of them.

They attacked.

One died very quickly, and then the next 10 attacks of mine missed…so ofcourse I died.

Game over.

Ok this is going to sound like whining …. and you would be right

I HATE the random number generator in this game. Twice this evening I had 5 rolls in a row of over 90+, 4 rolls in a row of 90 + once and three rolls 90+ twice. I never once had 3 rolls in a row 10 or less and 2 rolls in a row of 10 or less happened once.

If I didn’t know better I would say it is broken

Thanks for listening to my rant\crying, now back to your normal programming.

No, when they would have had a killing blow they will instead remain with a couple hitpoints. You gotta get then out of there or hope they don’t take another hit before the battle ends or they’re dead for good.

I never see the point to the perk. Normally when you are down to a killing blow, there is no hope of you escaping without getting another blow.

This is orald.

orald fought some Alps in a swamp.

Don’t be like orald.

After trying it out I must agree. Colossus is a better first perk choice for frontliners, I believe.

Mostly it keeps you from dying to a lucky hit.

But since it doesn’t save you from a follow up to that lucky hit… it’s fairly questionable.