Battle Brothers Hits Early Access

I think I saw an option to abandon the quest. I haven’t availed myself of it because A) I didn’t realize how important it was or that it was gating access to more interesting contracts, and B) I kept assuming that pretty soon I’d be strong enough to tackle a battle site, not realizing how much those battles scale to stay ahead of your power level.

@Thrag do you have the DLC. If you do, don’t sell them! They are extremely valuable as you can take 3 and make a pelt armor add on. Attach that to armor and it increases its durability and adds fear to anyone that can get afraid when you engage with them.

Are you taking actual Noble House quests vs, town quests when you’re there? Also, finishing 2 and 3 star quests makes a much better difference to Noble houses. 1 Star Noble house quests does very little. When the first conflict thing triggers you’ll get a ton of rep for helping defeat other houses, skewed, or orcs depending on which one you end up with.

Also, which economy difficulty are you using? Hopefully Beginner/Easy as that may make a difference too in how much rep you get for each quest as it also adjust how much money you get.

Uh oh, the barbarians get to bring unholds to battle.

http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-120-the-barbarians-part-iii/

Armored Upholds. That’s going to be rough.

Yea that worries me.

It seems to be working now. I did update my drivers but I don’t think that was the fix. I think I just wasnt patient enough while it was loading and when I clicked on the mouse button to hurry it along it would crash. I’ll do some testing to see if I can replicate it.

Just won my first game and retired in glory after winning a noble house war. Really enjoyed it overall, though the repetition was starting to set in by the end and I was ready to wrap it up.

This one didn’t have its own thread, but since the article mentioned Battle Brothers as a reference figured I’d stick this here just in case anyone might be interested:

Looks interesting.

Whoa cool!

THE IJIROK

The Ijirok is a mythical creature of the north, folklore of the barbarian folk. It’s called the Beast of Winter, for it is said that it first carried the cold into this world on its back. Legend claims the creature to be a shapeshifter and deceiver, appearing in many forms. It abducts children solely to enjoy the pain of the parents. It leads men astray in the white wastes just to watch them go in circles and freeze to death. Some regard it a spirit, some a god, and others a force of nature, like the sun or wind, but with found divinity within the aspect of a cruel creature. Whatever its true nature, in the north they all can feel the presence of the Ijirok, and they count themselves fortunate that the horrors it brings are scant and passing.

http://battlebrothersgame.com/release-date-announcement-2/#comments

May 9th :)

And only $8.99.

Looking really good.

Arghhh so frustrating. On Steam it says “This game plans to unlock in approximately less than an hour” for the last 3 hours. What the heck man!

one hour left bro!

should have used GOG :)

https://www.gog.com/game/battle_brothers_warriors_of_the_north

Got it!

50% off the base game on Steam today.

Played the Warriors of the North DLC briefly today, started a new game as a standard merc company, no tutorial, fought a group of 7 brigands, same ole, same ole, then fought a group of 7 barbarians. My scientific research has now established that barbarians do not equal brigands. Brigands are not fit to carry the barbarians jock straps. That is all.