Battle Brothers Hits Early Access

The Blazing Desserts DLC is out. Now your brothers can enjoy baked Alaska, or a nice peach flambé.

Shit. I know I’m just going to get my ass kicked, but I also know I’ll end up buying it anyway.

Also apparently they redid like, nearly all the perks, so I can’t even go to poorly-worded guides to help me anymore.

Indeed.

It’s quite the changelog.

Changelog here:

Looking through the log they are still mostly the same, stats changed, but it looks like they are close enough.

Went to buy it, wanted to change my CC, which freaked Steam out and now it’s saying I have made too many purchases. I have made zero purchases. Thanks Steam.

Now I just need to find time to play this.

Ouch to indomitable nerf. Not sure how much differnce the adrenline will be though.

Three gladiators and a slinger can not take on 12 indebted.

Snatched this one up, can’t wait to play for an hour and remember I love/hate this game!

LOL. That’s me too!

I think you mean peach flamberge.

Been so long I’ve apparently forgotten how to do stuff. I found a Ruin and a Gatherer’s Hut but can’t seem to click on them or get anything out of them.

I haven’t played this since a single campaign at release. I remember having a great time but eventually my guys all died and out of grief I put the game away. Forgot to ever come back, and now I see there are 3 (!) DLCs for it, and all of them look good. What to do!

I am not a huge fan of the beasts one. They all have a certain way they need to be defeated, which makes them almost impossible early on. And then late game, when you can beat them, they are just really annoying. Sleep, charms, etc.

Ruins are just ruins, they aren’t all something you can enter/explore.

The Gatherer’s Hut is probably a location, like a Temple or an Weaponsmith - the fact that a city has them as a location we can visit in that city, it’s just represented on the map as well so you can tell at a glance that said city has, for instance, a Gatherer’s Hut.

These are the kinds of Ruins you can explore, they will have a sword icon when you hover over them.

Base game is on sale, and I think I’m going to finally pick it up. Is any of the DLC vital, or should I wait until I explore the base game and need some new stuff?

I wouldn’t say anything is a must have. You can get a good feel of the game with just the base game. The DLC just adds variety IIRC. Which is sorely needed later in the game.

Just started a game on veteran fighting/economy. Nothing fancy, just a non-tutorial regular start. I have forgotten a lot. All my guys made a level after getting beat up pretty badly in a couple of fights, and I quit in indecision on what perks to take.

Fun so far, but I obviously haven’t hit anything from the new DLC.

Are all the different starting companies in the base game, or a DLC? Because the different starts are the best addition.

DLC I think. It definitely wasn’t the original game, but I don’t know if that was patched in or requires the DLC. You do not want those on your first play through anyway.

I started a game using the Southern Mercenaries starting option which gives you the standard 3 starting brothers except you are Southerners with southern type starting gear and names and you start in the south. Basically a standard start with immediate exposure to the new content.