Battle Brothers Hits Early Access

Ahhhh hahaha thanks! I never would have done that :)

Where do I buy hounds from? I have not seen a shop in a town yet.

Kennels are pretty uncommon.

Kennels are where you can buy armored wardogs. Some markets sell unarmored wardogs.

I can’t seem to beat these damn necrosavants! I have like 6 guys with 2 tile axes and polearms, but they miss most of the time. If I could hit the damned things it wouldn’t be a real problem. I keep losing 3-4 dudes in these battles. :(

How do I enter buildings on the world map? My cursor changes to a finger, but I am unable to go inside.

Settlements, Keeps, etc. have nearby out buildings that you can’t enter. They are there for flavor and to let you know more about the economy of the population center. You can enter the population centers that are marked by a standard.

It figures, the kennel was in the one town I hadn’t visited yet. ;)

Completed a mission to recover a religious item for a priest and fought some ancient undead to get it. Also found this chalice (after defeating the dead) which is the by far the most valuable loot I’ve seen yet. Apparently, the town is elated to have their religious symbol back so they’re willing to pay more than the darn thing is worth!

Do any of the towns have places that repair weapons/armor? I would have thought that the armory does repairs, but I guess not.

You buy tools and supplies in the marketplace and other shops, should be at least some in any town/city you visit, and these will be used to gradually repair things. AFAIK there is no insta-button for repairing things.

I know how tools work. I was thinking of someplace to repair loot.

Alt+right-click on items to be repaired in your inventory. A repair symbol will then pop up on the repairing item. The items you have equipped on brothers are automatically repaired as long as you have some repair tools in your inventory. There’s no way to instantly repair anything.

Don’t do what I did once and set 40 things to be repaired at once lol. It takes way longer to get them up to max hp that way. More efficient to have most important ones then fix non equipped stuff when you’re good stuff is ready.

@tgb123 if you want to repair stuff faster setup camp.

I’ve figured out how to minimize losses with everything so far except a gaggle of archers. Yikes. There are 9 I need to take out and they are slicing me up bad. I wonder if I should try to approach themes lower putting my shield up as I go? Instead of running flat out?

Through the power of save scumming and RNG I was able to defeat my opponents! Day 90 and I have not lost a merc yet, though I’m playing on easy difficulty.

If you can attack them at night - their vision will be greatly reduced.

alt-right click can immediately fix your weapon or armor in your inventory at the weapon smith or blacksmith though it costs crowns to do so. At least this was the case prior to the latest beta.

Good tip. Would prefer to see an actual “Repair” button at these shops though.

Wow, all this time playing and I had no idea you could do that. That could be very handy if it still works. Very nice tip.

I think I picked up a very similar contract last night just before I stopped playing. This could get interesting.