Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Yeah I just got knolan. He’s not bad at all, in fact some of his abilities look tasty indeed, I’m just having trouble adjusting. I dropped Garrison…thinking I ought to have dropped gully.

I’m dropping Gully as soon as I can. Those 🥊 look stupid.

I’m playing on XB1 and have hit a difficulty spike. I got a new character who was higher level than the rest of my band, which bumped up the levels on the enemies to match. I need to redo my party and see if I can get it back down until I get everyone to a similar level.

I had that issue briefly at one point as well. The same enemies were suddenly much tougher. I suggest moving back to an earlier area within the same region if to can for a fight or two.

Was it Red?

I got here, and suddenly lost 3 fights in a row.

Upto that point I had lost one only.

Yes, Red. She is level 13 and my others are 10-11. All enemies are now 13.

After dabbling with the demo for Octopath Traveler (which I enjoyed quite a bit) I went in search of a similar kind of game and came across this (which looks AWESOME). This morning I didn’t even know I wanted this game and now I can’t wait for the download to finish!

I really want this on the Switch, but it’s on sale on Steam for $12 this weekend. Still $40 on Switch, difficult to justify that.

Can’t blame you. I was happy to get the physical version for about 24 by preordering.

I notice that this is currently on the GOG 10th anniversary sale for about 11 bucks. I also notice that there has been a big balance patch earlier in the year. Is this now a good pickup?

It’s always been one for me. :-)

Playing it on PS4 and loving it.

Your word is always good enough for me, my man. Nabbed it!

Well, I’m liking this a LOT! I’m not sure what I was expecting but it certainty wasn’t this. The art direction and fishing remind me of the Torchlight games. Level 9 and headed for Junktown. Love it.

So, at the Pointe Break Cantina there’s a machine that I need to put a power cell in. Does anyone know where to get a power cell? I’ve checked all the vendors I know about and nobody sells them. Where do you get them?

The power cells are random drops from enemies as I recall it.

Found them. They’re part of the drops and loot you get in Junktown.

I finished my first play-through last night. I enjoyed it so much I started NG+. NG+ is much tougher to start out, despite carrying over all those perks (156 of them for Garrison) so we’ll see how it goes. I tried mythical difficulty at level 4 for the Iron Outpost and got slaughtered. I was able to finish it on normal though. Game says I have 75 hours played. Very good game. I hope they do a follow-up.

Been getting into this on the Switch, really enjoying it.

Most of the time the challenge feels just right. I’ve done two dungeons and just found Knolan. Every now and then it throws something stupidly overpowered at me though, and I have to set it down for a little while in frustration.

First there was a treasure chest in the first dungeon that turned out to be a monster. It wasted my entire team with ease, while I had no trouble with the level of anything else in the dungeon including the boss.

Second difficulty spike is the slime boss in the sewers. It’s level 11, I’m level 11, but sheesh, it’s not even close. That thing destroys me too.

My other pet peeve so far is that stamina seems to rule all. I have some equipment slots where I’m sticking with a level 7 item instead of a level 13 because while all the other stats are great on the higher gear, the lower gear had higher stamina and I can’t comfortably give up those ~110 HP on Garrison.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Or is that just the luck of the draw with gear?

You are definitely doing it wrong. Attack Power is king in this game and that’s doubly so for Garrison, who becomes a monster later on. Attack Power increases damage and also the size of your heals so it’s not just for your DPS characters. It’s THE most important stat in the game. Stamina is good to get but not ever at the expense of Attack Power. This is also true on NG+ as well.

Edit: Attack Power also makes for bigger shields for your tanks.