Battle Chasers: Nightwar

It was a very fun thread; of course I remembered it! : )

I ran into a glitch. Went into a battle in the Iron Fort (or whatever it is called). The battle screen appeared and got stuck.

BTW, one thing I am hesitant about. The MC has those gloves from her dad and the one character says we don’t even know what they are truly capable of. My question is - is it okay to use the other weapons that seem to be for her class and ditch those gloves? Were they only ever meant for the beginning of the game? not sure if they are a part of the overall plot etc.

I am also just at around 3 hours. I switched the gloves out but did not sell them. I don’t think you actually can.

The game was a surprise find for me and I immediately wanted to play more. The JRPG like combat is cool and with perks and gradual unlocks and overcharge etc it looks like there will be some tactical depth to it too. It has a good draw, looks great and is fun to play. Even the characters are interesting enough. I also bounced from DoSII as that was so much work and so many quests and so many NPC etc. This feels like a vacation compared to that. But not too easy, had some close fights.

That’s actually what grabbed me after getting to the first randomized dungeon, bumping the difficulty up because “JRPG? Pfft.” and then dying right out of the first room. The combat system in this looks pretty crunchy in just the way I like.

-Tom

Absolutely. And I just yesterday evening realized that every character has 2 different perk trees.

It is. And, per another player’s post on Airship Syndicate’s forums:

Gully’s and Garrison’s starter weapons are needed for the endgame and, as such, can’t be sold.

You can’t sell Gully’s or Garrison’s starter weapions. Reveal the spoiler above for the reason.

I agree! As you unlock more Actions and Abilities, the tactical options really open up as you encounter more difficult beasts.

They do! You’re free to max out one or distribute points among both. The former will unlock more mastery bonuses, while the latter will give you a more balanced hero.

I like how they made it young kid friendly in that you knock out the enemies.

Yeah, thats a really neat touch.
I don’t like JRPGs normally, but this game blows me away. I think its safe to say, that its a wonderful time to be an RPG lover!

From following this thread and reading about the game a little I think I’d be in your boat if I had this. I went from - never heard of the game > doesn’t look as bad as other JRPGs > this may be pretty good > bump it much higher on the wish list.

Going to Tomsplain it on stream I assume?

Now around 13 hours in and finally got Red Monika and she is a morderous beast. Still really like the combat. Every few levels you unlock something different and synergy seems to be important. My only two gripes right now are 1) can’t rebind keys and 2) Characters gather XP individually. That means my party is now lvl 10, 11 and 13. Always hated that because it kind of forces you to use the same people all the time or do some grinding to get people to level up. But I will propably start replaying dungeons anyway because I need more fish for special coins. And combat is just fun.

I just wish I could turn of controller vibration.

Rebinds would also be nice.

Until they add the options to the Options menu, you can create a BF.cfg text file and populate it with some options, including set rumbleEnabled 0:

http://community.airshipsyndicate.com/t/bc-cfg-options/3440?u=mysterio

The more I play this the less I enjoy it.

The combat is interesting, but the difficulty feels completely random at times.

This random enemy does nothing special, this one? Oh he hits you for 100 damage. 6 times. And crits a lot.
Okay.

Interesting, I encountered many weird enemies indeed and some with surprises up their sleeves punching much higher then their level would suggest. But for me figuring out how to deal with those is part of the fun for me.

Yeah, there’s little to no warning or clues when you wander into an area above your level. And sometimes, you get ganked by some random mob in an airship that chases you down in level-appropriate areas. That one really pissed me off.

Talk about this has seemed to dry up. It’s on sale at dlgamer for $19.50 for the next 14 hours. Are people still playing and enjoying it?

I’m in the ‘waiting for the Switch version’ club. But unfortunatley December is right around when Xenoblade comes out so I’ll probably be waiting a bit longer than that. :)

But yeah there wasn’t a huge amount of talk in here, but at least there’s minimal of the typical post-honeymoon attitude swing you often see.

It is a good game and entertaining but I also ran in the issue of enemies of too high a level because I switched around my team mates. I think a majority of the games “issues” could be solved by letting all characters gain experience at the same rate. Or they made it the way they have to make replaying dungeons mandatory. It is not a bad game but Elex came out so I took a break.

I’m in the ‘waiting for Switch’ camp too. The game looks super cool though.