Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Where are you seeing this? It’s showing as $12 for me on the Sony store

Just checked, and I did indeed pay 6. Maybe it was a mistake on their part? Or ps+ only, have you got that?

It’s $5.99 for me as well but yeah, that’s the PS+ price.

Ah, that must be it, thanks. It says “save an extra 20% with PS+”, but I didn’t realize they meant 20% of the original price rather than the sale price. More hassle than it’s worth, then, since I’d rather play it on Switch.

Walmart have physical versions of this on the switch for $24.

Thank you, but $6 shipping. Amazon has spoiled me. Why doesn’t Amazon have the physical version? That seems strange.

Over $35 is free shipping, buy an eShop card as well.

That kind of defeats the purpose. Might as well pay $40, and have it now without the silly physical cartridge. I don’t mean to be disrespectful, thank you for posting it, just not enough to make me bite.

We’re in the strange mental barrier area here. I want a game, but not enough that I am willing to jump through hoops for it.

Have been playing it over the last few days. I’m not very far in but so far I am enjoying it.

I just unlocked character perks and figured out how to select them.

So far I’m loving calibretto, with his mass healing.

Calibretto is awesome. One of his damage powers is a favorite of mine as well (wildfire, I think? Use it against a single enemy to eliminate the randomness).

In case you have not realized yet, each character has two perk trees. I was 10+hours in before I noticed that.

Yeah i saw that.

Some interesting choices there.

Most of the initial perks seems to be +1.5% dmage type stuff, but the one I chose for Calibretto heals 13 hp at the end of each fight.

Sword man got a perk that lets him carry forward 10 energy iirc, or maybe the perk that lets his energy attack use more energy.

Can’t remember what I put on Gully.

OK so I unlocked burst abilities.

That’s so cool.

I finished the iron dungeon, and on the overland map I got attacked by an airship!!! That was cool.

I almost lost that fight.

He also has a heal perk which stacks nicely with Calibretto’s.

I had a really hard time switching out from the first three characters. They work very well together. Calibretto just keeps getting better at healing, Gully is a great tank, and Garrison does huge damage( and keeps his own hp topped off).

Yeah I just got knolan. He’s not bad at all, in fact some of his abilities look tasty indeed, I’m just having trouble adjusting. I dropped Garrison…thinking I ought to have dropped gully.

I’m dropping Gully as soon as I can. Those 🥊 look stupid.

I’m playing on XB1 and have hit a difficulty spike. I got a new character who was higher level than the rest of my band, which bumped up the levels on the enemies to match. I need to redo my party and see if I can get it back down until I get everyone to a similar level.

I had that issue briefly at one point as well. The same enemies were suddenly much tougher. I suggest moving back to an earlier area within the same region if to can for a fight or two.

Was it Red?

I got here, and suddenly lost 3 fights in a row.

Upto that point I had lost one only.

Yes, Red. She is level 13 and my others are 10-11. All enemies are now 13.