Battle Royale is exactly what Age of Empires II has always needed

Title Battle Royale is exactly what Age of Empires II has always needed
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When October 28, 2020

The one-year anniversary update for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition includes a Battle Royale mode. No, really…

Read the full article

2020 keeps giving and giving.

There is a tournament of some top players and streamers/casters playing the mode on Saturday. I’ll withold judgement until then, but it seems like a waste of resources. Empire Wars was a nice addition though, so who knows.

Every game needs a battle royale mode. Imma write to Slitherine and lobby for a TOAW V with battle royale. It’ll be a machine that prints money!

This is probably one of the only battle royale modes that I’m likely to try. Not that I expect to fare any better at this than I do in Apex Legends necessarily, but I’ll probably enjoy it more.

Maybe there’s something they know that we don’t, but that sounds really stupid.

I dislike most shooter Battle Royales since they don’t respect my time, but it can work well in strategy games. The Civilization VI, Battle Royale known as ‘Red Death’ was really fun in the sense of a very stripped down Civ game that is combat-focused with a strong theme. I’ll try this if I can play against AI.

So this is what we get instead of a Rise of Legends or Age of Mythology remaster? Thanks, PUBG!

-Tom

Minesweeper: Battle Royale: 64 mouse cursors enter, only one cursor can survive!

Looking forward to them adding Auto-Chess update in a year.

ACCESS.bus - a contemporary of USB - did a trade show demo around a blackjack table. Each seat had a mouse in front of it, and there were 8 different colored mouse pointers on the same screen corresponding to those mice. Stupid, but it was kind of mind blowing to see at a time when PS/2 and serial were still standard equipment.

The tournament for this is taking place right now. It actually looks like it could be entertaining, but they have a couple bugs to squash in the build before the patch comes out.

I’d say it reminds of some odd T90 community game like he used to do before DE came out.