BattleBots

No discussions about this season? I find it the best TV show on right now and look forward to it every week. They have seemingly fixed the problems they had in previous seasons with little destruction and nothing but push-bot decisions.

Best show ever!!

Ah, I forget this is on. Is the season still going?

Yepper. Should be on tonight. Lots of robot destruction, how can you not love it?

“ITS ROBOT FIGHTING TIME”!!

It took a while, but new episodes are back, starting in May. This time it was picked up by Discovery. Can’t wait!!

Yea!!!

‘BattleBots’ Premieres on Discovery May 11 2018

This is on right now folks.

The series seems even better this year, with way more fights.

It’s basically just a bunch of fights, leading up to the main event. But way less bullshit about the people who made the robots.

I don’t have Discovery so I haven’t watched any of this but what bullshit do you mean? I’m probably biased but the people I’ve met from two of the teams seem but cool and interesting. I’d like the battles but some building stories like Junkyard Wars had woyldn’t be bad in my point of view.

When they first brought the show back, they had much longer segments on the teams that made the robots, and less actual fighting.

Now, they have multiple matches per show, with very brief intros of the teams. So it seems like there’s a lot more robot fighting now.

My son and I love this show. I agree @Timex, it seems like there is more fighting and less talking now which is a good thing. Even so, I still fast forward through most of the backround stories so we can get to the fights. It cuts the show down to about 20 minutes of goodness.

I believe the finals are tonight. This season has been great. This is, by far, my favorite show on TV! Love seeing pieces, or full bots, go flying!!!

My wife grinds it down to like 10 which is annoying, I want to hear any of the engineering but that can be hard to separate from the rest of the dreck.

My favorite season so far as well. Some pretty amazing matches with robots gouging out the steel plated floor, sending opponents six feet into the air, bouncing them off the glass, tossing them out of bounds, and holy moly did I cringe/yell/laugh when a drone went through the screws and turned into so much confetti.

Also fire! It went from completely useless to mostly useless.

I like how the operators wear eye protection. If something gets through that two inch thick plexiglass, those goggles will do nothing but add more fragments to the wound.

Obviously this wasn’t the last episode of the season, thankfully.

I’m looking forward to a matchup between HUGE and Tombstone. The material used in the HUGE bot still amazes me, and I’m wondering if it can withstand the damage that Tombstone puts out.

Before the battles start, Faruq makes some funny/silly introductions for each robot.

Most of them are based off the robot name and are not original. The show should allow the robot makers to make their own introductions.

Sometimes I wish they would ban flipping bots so they have to focus more on visceral weapons.

Whaaa? Granted most of them suck but Bronco put in some truly spectacular flips this season, way better than last year if I am remembering correctly.

I always assumed the introductions were made by the makers and Faruq just read them.