BattleBots

Hell yeah.

Wow, the War Hawk vs. Free Shipping match was the craziest bout I’ve ever seen. Super funny, I couldn’t stop laughing. See it if you can! THE TERMINATOR!!! Season 8, episode 16.

Seconded. Funny. Fun. FIRE!

Free shipping had me rolling when he started trying to bludgeon War Hawk with his severed appendage. Right up there with the drone going into the screws.

They didn’t show the match between Son of Whyachi vs Lock-jaw. Odd. Do they post the untelevised matches anywhere? I can’t find any on their crappy website.

Whoah, what happened to Tombstone! They posted on Twitter their frame was in rough shape going into the fight.

It’s Robot fighting time!!!

New season starts tommrow, Dicovery channel Friday, and Science channel next week?

I wish the winner got prize money for the show. It would make the stakes higher.

Plus I can only imagine the teams would sink any money you gave them right back into building better robots.

Fun season so far with some great matches and unexpected losses.

While I am still not an enormous fan of flipper bots they have certainly proven they are not useless this season.

Unlike hammer bots. I don’t get what the builders are hoping for there.

All the hammer bots seem completely useless over the last couple of seasons.

Fucking love me some Duck though, shame the judges don’t/can’t award points for pure indestructability.

Oh man, I wish this was available on one of the streaming sites.

Sounds like medieval warfare. The different types of melee weapons and how the armor evolves to deal with it.

So what’s Duck’s deal? Is his strategy really just to take the punishment until the other guy’s bot breaks down? He doesn’t seem to have any offense at all, that thing in the front isn’t powerful enough to be a flipper.

Also, is there a weight limit? I heard someone mention 250 lbs somewhere. It would be cool to see some weight classes, let’s see some 1000 lbs bots get craned into the arena.

Yeah, I think the fundamental design of the hammer bots is just bad.

Yeah, there’s a limit, although I forget exactly what it is.

There are various limits… I think at one point, a guy made a net bot, and it wasn’t technically outlawed, but then they said it wasn’t fair, so he voluntarily withdrew it. Then they changed the rules to ban nets.

It was actually a funny as shit bot, as the time he used it, it was just carrying a box that said something on it like “FOR TOMBSTONE”, and then when the enemy (might not have been tombstone, it was some spinner though) smashed the box out of its hands, it had a net inside which tangled up the spinner and basically broke it.

I think they may have some other limit on how exactly you can use fire.

Ah, here are the design rules:
https://battlebots.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/BattleBots-Design-Rules.Rev-2019.0.pdf

The design rules are really interesting. Thanks.

How about small amounts of explosives, say in a barrel, that propelling bits of metal at the opposing bot. Is that allowed?

Projectile Weapons
Projectile weapons are allowed, as long as they do not create an arena-fouling problem.
Projectile weapons must not use explosives. Springs, catapults and gas-pressure powered
guns may be acceptable. You may be required to show that your projectile weapon will not
damage the Lexan exterior of the arena.

Prohibited Weapons
The following weapon types are not allowed under any circumstances:

• Weapons that damage the other bot by destroying themselves.

Cool find, Timex. I read through it earlier. Now I just need the tools, the material, the space to work, the time, and the knowhow! I’m almost ready to field my own bot.

I still think they should have a BattleBots: Heavyweights where they bring them in on cranes.

This show is just so much better done than most of these types of shows… Because it’s mostly just robots fighting, with far less bullshit.

Some seriously good fights this season, we are looking forward to every episode. Last night was fantastic as well. I loved when that robot (Gruff?) managed to actually pick up Tombstone.

Indeed awesome season. Next episode has the judges hanging their mouths open looking at something that has been sent up into the sky.