Battlefield 1 - DICE, gas attacks, biplanes, cavalry, bayonet charges

You should see a skull icon over bodies that need reviving. Do you have a syringe in your loadout? I don’t think you need to ask for a revive. I believe it happens automatically.

I’d like to find a group to play with on PC. In most of the squads I join the leader never assigns objectives and the squad scatters all over the map. I’m Gutsball on Origin.

I sent you a friend request Gutsball. I do love to squad lead, and use the whistle to inspire!

Also fyi all, nvidia and ati have new drivers out today for BF1.

JonDangerRowe on PC

add me.

I am “codinghorror” add me as well!

Getting a weird bug where it attempts to load the next map and nothing at all happens, can’t exit, nothing.

There are some very basic UI things that are completely broken. Like, you can’t quit a match until the next one loads on quick match. And I am assuming that it can’t connect to the server, so I can’t connect, but there is no option to quit on that connecting screen.

So weird. And sometimes when I quit a match it just sits there black screen with the spinning symbol in the top right corner, nothing happens, main menu will not load.

So odd.

It’s a bad day for playing a primarily online game.

I’m LeafOnTheWind16, won’t have much time to play this weekend but would much rather team up with people on this site than run around solo.

please add “Karnisov” on Origin, I’m always up for some group funs in BF1

Just finished Through Mud and Blood. For a game that’s primarily multiplayer-focused, that was pretty damn good.

Maybe when I can pry the game disc away from my son, I can play the rest of the campaign.

Yes. Just finished that too, and it was quite well done, with a great mix of vehicle and foot combat, great maps, and really satisfying story telling. Often, the campaign stuff in these military shooters is so over the top or hyper-macho or heavy handed with the bathos that it’s hard to stomach, but Dice has nailed it here. Human and interesting without being sappy or contrived, and just enough direct narrative to contextualize the action nicely.

Finished that one last night, it was great. I also did “Friends in High Places”, the flying one, which was also good. You fight a ton of Fokkers and tear up a lot of bombers. Great fun!

I’m pretty sure they did nerf horses. So much so that they seem like worthless bullet magnets now. No reach and slow turning. Oh well, taking down the blimp is fun! Perhaps some other game will get horses right.

Been playing a bit, hit rank 3, so I’ve got 180 war bonds. I got a battlepack drop from a Domination match, opened it, got a new pistol, which I scrapped for 270 points of something. But in the main menu I don’t see where that went to, my war bonds are still 180 for the two rank ups.

Also, my Origins handle is JohnRReynolds, so feel free to throw invites my way.

Is there a way to get to customization from the Main menu? I think I’ve only seen it in the companion app

From what I have seen, you can only get to it once in game, select your class then customize. Its dumb how they did it.

If it’s anything like other recent battlefield games you can use the companion app to configure your load outs too

I’m getting a bug where I can’t repair my plane because of lag. You have to hold the button down for a cycle of about 10 seconds and it always interrupts me cancelling the repair. Makes planes not very fun. Anyone else get this?

I achieved all four weekly medals! And with only 16 hours left! phew

Note that the level 10 “ultimate” weapons extend to tanker and pilot as well as assault, medic, scout, support. So you gotta level your classes as you go. The level 10 assault and scout weapons are quite good, and the sawed off shotgun for tanker is fantastic.

I remember when you could run your own server on PC without paying money to EA. Wonder what happened to that idea.

When I login on the companion map, using PSN, it picks my PC account.

sakes fist