Battlefield 1 - DICE, gas attacks, biplanes, cavalry, bayonet charges

Not the best trailer in that it was a bit too frenetic and the very last scene seems out of the blue but it was good to see more of the desert map. I’ll be there day 1 regardless.

When is the public beta coming?

Huh, the water battles are totally new information. One thing I loved about BF4 was how the water combat was so perfectly integrated into the game (and worked well), unlike BF3.

Riding a horse into battle would really suck.

Also:

• train attack, that’s new!
  • awesome desert map

Starts end of the month.

Definitely looks pretty on the twitch stream right now.

Yeah, recently got a question thing asking what platform I wanted to try the BETA out on. PC of course.

I answered Xbox One. My PC is still experiencing the problem that when I tax it even a bit, it sounds like someone is vacuuming inside my PC. It’s so loud I don’t know what’s causing it, but I suspect it’s my video card. But basically I can’t play games enjoyably anymore on it. I’m so scared of having to spend money on it. I’d rather this PC last me another 4 or 5 years without games than have to spend money on it, even if it means not playing games on it for the next 4-5 years.

(Besides, all my multiplayer friends are still on Xbox).

Flamethrower guy seems way OP.

Yeah, it does. And the little tank - but I assume there are a number of counters to it the other team just didn’t employ.

I am really excited for the setting, the desert maps look especially interesting.

Shit. That seems pretty fun.

I am gonna change my Origin name to HOMER and do nothing but camp out objective DUFF.

Day 1 on PC, anyone else joining me? :)

I’m there.

Hmm, massive increase in points for capturing objectives, 2x-3x over what was in bf4.

The “bunch ball” analogy he uses is interesting; I hadn’t heard that before. A bunch of kids constantly running at the ball doing their best to kick it, no strategy, no positions.

O_o but… that’s how every BF has played. No strategy, no positions, just people running around chaos killing each other. Let’s not kid ourselves BF is not more than that.

My exact thoughts. Has there ever been another way to play? Maybe on small team clan servers or such. The Conquer points always where just there so you would know where to go to shoot stuff.

I fixed that for you ImaTarget. ;)

No surprises.

It’s a bit less than usual. BF3 and BF4 were 5 expansions of 4 maps (20 in total). This is 16 maps in total.

I just got an invite to the Open Beta, so that’s starting.

I’m in!