Battlefield 1 - DICE, gas attacks, biplanes, cavalry, bayonet charges

Personally I think the Operations mode is the best shooter game mode to come out since the original Rush. Going back to the other modes for me feels like practice for Operations now. That and Behemoths make this one great. I don’t think I’ll
Ever get tired of watching the blimp go all Hindenburg. It’s just superb.

I’ve been avoiding operations because it seems like they would really take awhile to get through all the maps, I usually only have 30 mins or so to play. How long doe a single game on operations usually take?

Feels like about an hour for the entire thing, a bit more for the 3 map desert one. I haven’t timed it though. It depends on how hard the fighting is and if the attackers get a good rhythm.

Keep in mind though when you join it puts you in mid game. I’ve joined operations only to have them end 10 minutes later.

Operation is indeed a bit of a time investment. Usually at least 30 minutes.

Honestly, I think the issue I tend to have with it is that I don’t really like vehicles, and the zeppelin and dreadnought are annoying to deal with, when some jackass constantly gets in the one plane and sucks with it.

But yes, seeing the zeppelin crash is fucking crazy awesome every single time.

Servers are freaking out tonight, can’t get in any matches and my gear all reset. :|

Yup. Severs are borked.

And now ORIGIN shit the bed, can’t sign on to play anything.

Went down just as I finished a BF1 match that gave me 15k points, one of my better outings. So those are probably lost.

This is brutal for a weekend…

Looks like they fixed whatever the problem was much later around 1am pacific time. I finished the campaign while I was waiting, the airplane missions were decent, maybe the second best after the tank ones? Still no actual hellfighters missions though @telefrog :(

I decided to spend all round in a heavy tank and check it oot

You can do really well if you are cautious and use that 4 smoke ability with judicious retreats and repair. That plus waiting for friendly troops, avoiding the lone wolf scenario, makes it hard for them to kill you.

Servers are still a mess on PS4. Can’t even get into a game. :(

Pretty bummed since I just picked it up and was looking forward to a weekend of BF1.

Sounds like it might be another denial of service hack thing going on with EA. Hurray, hackers have once again managed to prove their level of obnoxiousness far exceeds that of the conventional douchebag.

Seems to be working again, all modes.

Had quite a few great rounds with @Shellfishguy , tonight. :)

@Shellfishguy playing BF1…on PC!? Et tu Brute!

The Battlepack you get once a month for being a Premium owner? I guess it’s just a regular old baseline Battlepack. It’s not one of the more expensive ones.

Kind of shitty.

Yeah was some good rounds! I was running around and then whack whack whack why is this guy meleeing me? Ooooh its @lordkosc ! Lets goooooo! hehe

And yes of course @merryprankster I’m playing on only the finest and bestest of platforms!

The battlepacks are just cosmetic skins, right?

Yes and it looks like they’re rotating in new sets of skins (Revisions they’re calling them) every week or two.

Honestly, they have to be the most pointless cosmetics ever. I have three different skins for my LMG and when I’ve swapped them out, I’ll be damned if I can tell the difference while in-game.