Battlefield 2042 - DICE Goes Back to the Future, Just Not the 2142 Future

Did they add in a next map vote option?

No.12

I think the way they have the servers set up that will never happen with BF2042. Maybe in portal, or that might be an option there already that someone has come up with.

Was there map voting in previous games? I don’t recall it in BF1 or BFV…

I think the last probably was Hardline or BF4.

Yeah, map voting has been sorely missing for the last few games.

Yep it was the last game that had it.

It was also the last battlefield game that felt good to play, like the previous games.

Ah… I think most servers never allowed it. Maps were on a rotation. DICE servers were and still are anyway.

Played a bit of the update. It’s fine. If you didn’t like BF2042 before, I doubt this will change things enough for you to like this, but for the people playing this the update seems to be shaking things up enough to get them excited. If this were a more popular game, I’m sure there would be stacks of think-pieces debating the changes to the class system.

Guess I oughta play it since I bought the flippin deluxe edition back in 2021.

Well, that was a good trailer, and it looks fun. Maybe they are really doing what the game needs.

Too late?

It’s never too late for this series. BFV imrpoved tremendously over time and people still play it today.

I just played a couple of co-op/SP rounds (pretty much w/ AI). The game plays and looks great. I’m not enough of a die-hard to know what I’m missing I suppose. I’ll definitely dive back in with the next season release.

Trailer for the next battle pass:

PS5 owners should wait two weeks.

Oh nice! Been wanting to try out the patched up 2042 to see how it plays.

Yeah, after wasting $100 for a year of EA Play, I’m happy to receive it for “free” now.

More about the upcoming new map and details of the new character:

Sponsored by Razer? lol